Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Stumbled across this little darlin' with two hours left on the clock, a low buy-in and no apparent watchers...

Put in a bid at what I expected some sniper might throw in at the last ticks of the clock. Sure enough, the competing bid was fired in...

for a whole dollar more  :blink:        Piker  :lol:

Final tally was a quarter of a c-note, plus one buck  B)

'course, being listed as a 'mavrick' may have helped it elude the search engines; just like the pair of 'flacon' awb bodies I picked up for less than a sawbuck a couple of years ago ^_^

mike

Edited by mk11

Where you got that "silver liquid" labeled paint?

Just from my local hobby store, its a Vallejo product, 35ml large plastic bottle. Item #790 Silver. It's great stuff, goes on smooth, nice for detailing chassis as it leaves no brush marks, much better than Tamiya paint.

David

Stumbled across this little darlin' with two hours left on the clock, a low buy-in and no apparent watchers...

Put in a bid at what I expected some sniper might throw in at the last ticks of the clock. Sure enough, the competing bid was fired in...

for a whole dollar more  :blink:        Piker  :lol:

Final tally was a quarter of a c-note, plus one buck  B)

'course, being listed as a 'mavrick' may have helped it elude the search engines; just like the pair of 'flacon' awb bodies I picked up for less than a sawbuck a couple of years ago ^_^

mike

That was a Christmas tradition of mine... getting up early on Christmas morning and sniping models that stupid sellers had set to finish then.   I got many a bargain over the years.

The spelling thing also works. I have a search  (Valiant,valient) that regularly produces results.

I got the October issue of MCM today, and my order for one of the new 61 Pontiac Ventura kits was put in at the lhs. The nice lady said it should arrive Thursday.

I would like to find one of those Hasegawa Jeeps if they are 1/24 or 1/25 scale. I would like to know more about that one.

Edited by timc

Bought the reissued '69 Corvair 40% off at HL. Pretty nice, except the turbo parts (last seen in 1966?) are still MIA.

The box art is outstanding. Whoever did it really nailed the 1969 look. It was so convincing that I had to google-image the original 1969 box to see if it was different (it was).

Bought the reissued '69 Corvair 40% off at HL. Pretty nice, except the turbo parts (last seen in 1966?) are still MIA.

The box art is outstanding. Whoever did it really nailed the 1969 look. It was so convincing that I had to google-image the original 1969 box to see if it was different (it was).

Did you by any chance notice if HL has started selling the MPC Bad Company van?

I stay away for HL once Dec hits tell after Christmas :lol:

I would like to find one of those Hasegawa Jeeps if they are 1/24 or 1/25 scale. I would like to know more about that one.

Mine is 1:24. I briefly considered selling it, but I have two 1:25 armor kits to finish, and I decided to use it in a vignette with one of the two, probably the Jagdpanther.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...