Model Cars Magazine Forum

"CRANKENSTIEN"(a small tribute to the "doc") DONE! 11/13/12

bryan_m

thanks Bob.

i use the back of a #11 blade to cut stuff open, it takes alot longer, but gives you a really nice sharp cut...it took me at least 90 minutes to cut that one door open, and another 30 to make the hinge.........but it worth it, a little patience pays off in the end.

cheers

bryan

thanks Ray!

im not goin to nuts with it.....im hoping to finish it in a decent amount of time.....not gonna go to crazy with added on detail...... ill do plug wires, and fuel lines, but no brake lines and stuff......maybe! LOL

cheers

bryan

I forgot i had this stuff, i found it at micheals on sale for $1.00! add some fringe to the ends of it, and youve got an instant mexican blanket.....

photo-vi.jpg

more to come

bryan

Wow, great find, wonderful material.

Keep it going, Mr. B. You got some nice details started.

i bought that stuff because i have tried numerous times to make one using kens tutorial, and i dont know what im doing wrong, but they never look right when i make them like that! ha! so i saw this and thought........oh man, i gotta try it out.. i did one and put it in "rata verde" gimme a minute and ill shoot a pic n post it....

cheers

bryan

uh-oh...........we now have a driver!

photo-vi.jpg

i did this skeleton a while back, its from the rommels rod kit. i modified the hat, and the position he was in.........ill have to move his left arm down a biut, but i think he will fit!

cheers

bryan

thanks corey.

yea hes a pretty good cat, im not really a cat person, but i cant have a dog here. he likes to attack your leg when you walk by, but thats about it.......well he likes to chew on the parts trees, thats why he was diggin in the box! LOL

more to come

bryan

I like some cats. Some of them I just can't stand. I've got a cool Siamese, and a 13 year old-3 legged pit bull. They're buddies, and also my bench mascots, lol. The cat likes to play with my small hobby brush I use for dusting interior parts though! And I can never find it.

168_zpse798943b.jpg

144_zps8d689f9f.jpg

Her name is Cuda.

And the cat's name is Smallblock.

LOL, not a Mopar family at all.

Corey

ha! very cool names Corey!

how did he lose his leg? ill bet he gets around just fine though, my buddy had a 3 legged dog, and you couldnt even tell.

yea im not big on cats, but winston is pretty cool.......hes really mellow, except when he attacks your leg!

cheers

bryan

Thanks man.

I'll hurry, not trying to hijack your thread.

She got hit by a car in front of my Grandpa's farm at highway speeds, 65 to 70! The JERK didn't even stop either. Half the family, including 3 of my 4 kids saw it happen. She's been without it for 6, almost 7 years now, but does incredible. Up n down stairs and everything. We are VERY blessed to still have her.

Corey