Model Cars Magazine Forum

Friday Night Roadster

mrm

This is a model that was started somewhere in 1998 on the edge of a room window. I had the idea back then and over the time the model changed few times and few colors. However it was never really finished. last year I attempted to finish it on time for the Heartland Nationals and because I rushed it, it end up not exactly what I wanted. actually it is exactly what I wanted, but not to the standard I wanted it.

It started as an Aluma coupe body, which then was modified in every regard. It is now lower, wider. A chopped 32 grille shell was grafted in the nose and then the upper part cut and molded with the widened hood to open as a one piece. The interior is Scratchbuilt using parts from different models. The seats are the rear seats from a diecast Ferrari 456GT that has been very much reworked and just the centers are retained in the shape they were. The dash is made of the center section of Dodge copperhead concept and the center console is from Ferrari F50. Everything has been blended together with the help of a lot of styrene and putty. The engine was donated by the same diecastmodel, as was the center section of the frame and the rear transaxle.

I am not happy with the finish on it and some details. As for now it is sitting like this, but it is in the future plans to redo it once more.

the idea was to perfectly blend all the characteristic threads of both Ferrari and '32Ford. So it has four round stoplights, inboard carbon fiber suspention, front mounted V12 and gated shifter. Meanwhile it retains the Hot Rod spirit, the emblematic Deuce grille and the overall Deuce shape.

dsc0575tv.jpg

dsc0574w.jpg

dsc0582xc.jpg

dsc0580d.jpg

dsc0579i.jpg

dsc0578w.jpg

dsc0577i.jpg

dsc0576px.jpg

Thank you for looking and sorry for the crappy pictures.