Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings, I thought I'd share this with you, one of the most time consuming builds I've done recently, and it's not the model's fault, it's all the running around trying to find parts that will fit, including the 1961 Ford Ranchero (AMT), a 1937 Ford -chassis, the front clip of a 59 Vette, cut down the middle and glued together into frog-face fashion, and a whole bunch of other parts thrown in for good measure.

I kept thinking of a Frankenstein frog and I think it looks more like a Platypus, but so far it's been slow but lots of fun to cobble together . . . this is what I have so far . . .

IMG_0006-vi.jpg

IMG_0002-vi.jpg

IMG_0003-vi.jpg

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

Hands down, it's got to be the funkiest, funny-looking rat I've worked on so far . . . or maybe it's the first signs of incoming dementia! :lol::D:D

......thought I'd share this with you, one of the most time consuming builds I've done recently, and it's not the model's fault, it's all the running around trying to find parts that will fit, including the 1961 Ford Ranchero (AMT), a 1937 Ford -chassis, the front clip of a 59 Vette, cut down the middle and glued together into frog-face fashion, and a whole bunch of other parts thrown in for good measure.

C'mon Virg, time to just admit that yer parts chaser finally bit the dust, and you's gotta buildem up another one. All that time spent chasing parts in that huge styrene junk yard you got :D .......looks like it paid off ;):D .

Must be one really hot flattie or tranny since you gots the cab so far back :lol: .

This one really has some character. ;)

Here's a pic of the little box I made to hide the fact that the tranny is short. I still have to paint it and then weld it on . . .

This one is really looking cobbled together, and I have to say I like it . . .

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

Edited by DamnCranky

What? A firewall headboard? HA!!! (Thanks for the idea, CB!) I made a little progress on this short-tranny faux cover . . . we don't want folks saying the body is too far back and the tranny too short, right? :rolleyes:B):D

I like the strange, if not bizarre, look of this so far . . . but in the wacky world of rat rods everything and anything is possible!

IMG_0001-vi.jpg

I still have to hang some chains, and it'd be great to have a cowboy hat but the last one I had I used . . . hum . . . ???

IMG_0002-vi.jpg

I am wondering what planet you are really from ? Maybe Mars? You have some great wacky builds. Keep it up.

Hey "LOVER" :rolleyes:

I'm wondering the same thing.

CB and DC musta come from the "Same Mold". I HOPE THEY BROKE IT B):D .

This is such a fun build. Can't help keep comim' back to see the next installment of "WHAKKY" :huh::D .

Keep it up man, I love it - dave

I am wondering what planet you are really from ? Maybe Mars? You have some great wacky builds. Keep it up.

Hey Jim, I'm from near Mars (note my profile ifno) and DC may be there--- but as long as we're here........in a sense :D;) ........it's all good.

LOL!!! Hey, CB--I love the idea . . . a headboard and YES, there will be stuff hanging from it. That's a very cool idea, and don't mind if I borrow it!!! :D:huh::lol:

No problemo, Dr D! Strange to see it in my mind :rolleyes: and then...... :blink: it magickally appears here! Lookin' waaaaay fine Virg. I shoulda done that to me Dad's Falcon B)

Thats lookin cooler by the second.You are one fast builder.Now let me guess,When you get a new model to your home do you empty them out into 1 big box and throw away the decals and the directions?And just start buildin what ever you pull out of there?I love watchin your wips man,Great stuff!

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...