Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

I think rather than trying to scratch build a holley fuel pressure regulator I think ill try to scratch a magnafuel regulator which is a pretty simple design to build

I wish I can give credit to whomever put this together. if anyone knows, please let me know. this should help out.

post-5121-0-74133100-1371736627_thumb.jp

I was looking at the engine today and I just wasn't happy with the ignition setup so I ripped the distributor and plug wires out and theyre going to be redone and ill be redoing it all with the correct firing order and ill be using a new distributer. also I scratched an alternator bracket out of coke can aluminum.

103_0358_zps39a9bebb.jpg

103_0359_zps357a2e17.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

well as promised, heres the updates. to start I started plumbing the fuel system, ran the brake lines and plumbed the lines from the brake booster, started making a distribution block and ran the lines across the rear end to the wheel backs. I also ran the positive battery cable up to the front where it will connect to the starter. I ripped out the rubber in the tubs and I will redo it with more accurate sized rubber and an accurate amount.i wasn't happy with the kit radiator because it honestly looked like crud so I found an extra radiator in the parts box and then I cut out the kit radiator and glued in the new one to the core support. I also found a new distributor and I made spark plug boots on the cap and redid the igniton wires I just haven't finished gluing it in. lastly I made a dipstick for the engine for added realism. coming up ill finish the ignition setup, make a tranny dipstick, finish the brake lines, and finish the fuel system. now on to the pics,

103_0424_zpsd0cf9894.jpg

103_0419_zpsdad5fd31.jpg

103_0418_zps09cf4bb9.jpg

103_0400_zpsc27fde60.jpg

103_0413_zps0755c1da.jpg

103_0398_zps5fb394fc.jpg

103_0396_zpsfa0b2b24.jpg

103_0416_zps37a9353e.jpg

103_0406_zps28a3e3e0.jpg

comments/criticism greatly appreciated

Edited by Dragfreak

• 3 weeks later...

well im back with an uodate and not really a good one, I was test fitting the interior tub and the body twisted just a bit and cracked the bodywork on the front clip, I put a little putty on it and primed it but im out of fine sanding sticks so ill get on fixing that when I get a ride to my LHS tomorrow. on a lighter note I got the parachute almost finishes it just needs a couple decals and the ill make the cable running out to it I also found a seat that will work and redid the ignition wiring with a new distributor and ignition wires, I found the correct routing from the cap to each plug so the while ignition is as realistic as it gets.

body damage

103_0474_zpsa998e152.jpg

new ignition setup

103_0479_zpsb7ba35c4.jpg

103_0481_zps89b8e6ac.jpg

seat

103_0466_zps93e2e37c.jpg

Parachute

103_0475_zpsa97a8c5a.jpg

103_0469_zps952a9aa9.jpg

103_0473_zps8595fc8a.jpg

Comments and suggestions Appreciated!

The parachute line is made from the outer chord of a broken set of apple headphones cut to size with bare metal foil covering it and some small wire inside to keep its shape

I hate it when stuff like that happens, you're handeling it well. Great progress on it, the chute looks great! Looking foward to seeing more!

Thanks Jonathan!!

I hate it when stuff like that happens, you're handeling it well. Great progress on it, the chute looks great! Looking foward to seeing more!

Sorry about your misfortune Jason, but like Jonathan said you are handling it very well, you know what they say when life hands you lemons just make lemonade out of them!! You will recover I got faith in ya dude, it still looks fantastic, just stay after it!! :D

x2

Thanks I appreciate it!!

Sorry about your misfortune Jason, but like Jonathan said you are handling it very well, you know what they say when life hands you lemons just make lemonade out of them!! You will recover I got faith in ya dude, it still looks fantastic, just stay after it!! :D

even though these problems have stressed me out I have learned from them and I think this model has taught me things that have made me a better modeler