Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I had to share this with everyone. I`ve been looking for this truck for a while without much luck and then last week I found one on E-Bay that was open but the seller wasn`t too sure if all the parts were there and he wanted a silly amount for it. I almost bought it anyway but my gut said to stay away. I always go with my gut but I was still bummed to be so close yet so far away.

A couple hours later I stumble onto Deans Hobby Stop. Never been there before, seemed like a cool site, so I started poking around and lo and behold!!!! My holiest of grails still sealed and priced at a reasonable $24.99. I couldnt get out my Visa fast enough.

Its not anything ultra rare or exotic but has a lot of meaning to me. It was a gift to me when I was a little kid by a loved one that was an even littler kid who passed away at a young age. I still miss him very much. The original went through many renditions and I still actually have it but its no where near stock condition anymore. I have wanted to find one to build in its original form to honor his memory for quite a while, so to find this was one of the best gifts I could ever receive. I`m pumped!!

post-8524-0-25306700-1381131471_thumb.jp

I confess. I had a tear in my eye when I opened this up for the very first time.

post-8524-0-59502400-1381131493_thumb.jp

As for making this one stock, yes, with minor modification to probably the frame I would say so . I made a near stock 53 Ford panel by using the A M T 53 running gear and the monogram, now Revell 55 panel body . The only issue I have with the Monogram - Revell Panel body is the top is too dang FLAT. The Pick up, kinda so ....................

On Saturday at Sylvania I scored 4 old AMT Indy car kits(3 McLarens and a Penske PC6), a Fujimi Ferrari Daytona Convertible Entusiast Model(the show car version with the oddball top)and a built up Texaco liveried Tamiya Ford Sierra for a total of $60.I didn't need the Ferrari but for the $20 price I couldn't pass on it.

Edited by ZTony8

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...