Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Beetle finished!!!!!!!!!

cruz

DSC01832.jpg This kit was a lot of fun to build, I just hope my nephew likes it, it will be going to Florida so I will have to be thinking on how I am going to be wrapping it up to make sure it gets there with all it's limbs intact!!!!!

DSC01845.jpg I love the way the spoiler looked on this model, it gives it a lot of character, I just wished it could have been a little lower but I did not have a lot of time to play with the ride height............ ;)

Cool bug! I love the color...

As for packaging and shipping, there is a thread about that topic when I shipped the blue Ferrari a few months ago. Basically, I tightly covered the model in flannel cloth, tissue paper and foam, inside a display case. The display case was taped close and centered inside a bigger box with bubble wrap and crushed newspapers. I think the only problem was that the hood and a wiper got loose in transit, but no damage.

Thanks,

Yeah man, the antenna is also my concern but I have a little trick for that. I will follow Ismaels advice also, the Ferrari he sent over here was for a friend of mine in the CPMCC Club and it looked like it made it fine..........

• 3 weeks later...