Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got them yesterday, spent last night lookin em' over.

Jo-Han, Shirley Shahan's 69' AMX super stocker

Revell "Hot Rod" monster machines 2 car set Showboat dragster & Challerger 1 Land speed car.

Thanks Fred.

Ron.

Hey Ronster,

That Dodge is great! real nice find.

Edited by RJWood

Got them yesterday, spent last night lookin em' over.

Jo-Han, Shirley Shahan's 69' AMX super stocker

Revell "Hot Rod" monster machines 2 car set Showboat dragster & Challerger 1 Land speed car.

Thanks Fred.

Ron.

Hey Ronster,

That Dodge is great! real nice find.

Thanks Ron. I'm really looking forward to getting it home.

Ron

Went into hobby lobby for a can of Plum Crazy paint and came out with the paint and a revell 68 Dart 'Dick Landy' issue, a snap 1/24 Hummer H1 and a PL GTO drift car. They are clearancing the AMT kits right now, but I found these three buried in the back of the pile. The was also a Revell 40 Ford standard for 5.00$ but I left it there. Including the paint, I spent just over 25.00$ Some days I hate having a Hobby Lobby so close... well, actually five or six...

Someone mentioned the other day that they wished they had "My Mailman". Well, guess what "My Mailman" brought me today...

100_1462-vi.jpg

100_1461-vi.jpg

Sure hope none of you guys figure out where I live :lol::D;) !!! Unfortunately, this will be the last of the real cool stuff for awhile. A grand a month for my daughter's college expenses kinda does that. At least I have my priorities in line.

Okay, I have a new assignment at work. I now staff the Norman office three days a week. Not to bad, no suits around to get in the way, college is back in so the scenery ain't too bad :huh: Bad sides, 30 minute commute to and from everyday and I don't get to fly in the newschopper much any more. I did yesterday though and got to shoot a great high speed pursuit. Anyway, the worst/best benefit is the office is pretty much next door to the HobbyTown in Norman. My hobby expenses have shot way up lately. Today it was another Revell Merc(got three now) a can of TS-13, a can of Mica Red, some micro set for the gauge decals in the merc kit I am finishing and the latest Fine Scale Modeler. Now I just have to stop buying for a couple of weeks.

Guest roadkill2525

I just got a 1992 issue Mark Martin Valvoline T-Bird for 2.75 plus shipping off ePay and going to get Derrick Cope Purolator Lumina from Fred's Model World later today.

Now to work on my Integra, finally painted it.

I got a nice half inch cut in my left pointer finger...Drill slipped....Didn't draw blood and didn't really hurt but I've been taking it easy, don't want to do any real damage... :o I did it Friday but havn't posted since then.

As for actual model stuff, well, I got a nice set of Bob Dudek Lake Pipes in the mail since the last time I posted, which are destined to be on my neon green Mercury, which I am still planning on getting done in time for Toledo!

Just came back from my club's ( RPM - Racing Plastic Models) Saturday night gathering where 2 club members bought out a hobby shop and are peddling the vast inventory. I picked up a Tamiya special edition Porsche Boxster, a set of Fujimi Daus wheels & tires(really wide 13" wheels with F40 like spokes - perfect for an econo-box turned street racer), 3 Slixx decal sheets and 2 old kit decals, all for $35.00. I was pleased. ;):lol: Check out their deals on Ebay. User name is scottharv1.

Edited by Modelmartin

Got the Wix filters Cobra 427 on Saturday. It's embarrassingly better than any other 1/24 Cobra out there that I've ever seen. It was $25, detail level/quality is what's normally expected on Danbury/Franklin Mint. To get a Monogram/Revell Cobra 427 to look as good, with as much detail...whew. You keep looking at it, and find more detail. It's sickening ;) Doors/hood/trunk all fit very tight. No wonder plastic is dying off. If they keep making models this good for 25 bucks...sheesh.

100_1462-vi.jpg

100_1461-vi.jpg

Cool. I was looking at a 1:1 '74 fastback a few weeks ago. Absolutely rust free Cal. car, 360 dodge engine. Horrible candy red paint. $2400 OBO. Kid wanted to sell real bad. Almost put my motorcycle on Ebay, then I calmed down a bit. Still wish I was posting it as "what i got today." Hmmmmm, it is still for sale............

I got a really neat 1961 Mercury coupe built up from eBay. I logged in last Sunday evening and saw it finishing up at $25 so I checked it out. Fuzzy photo, no detail in the description. That usually means 'buyer beware'. But I was in the mood to play, so I bid and got it for $25.

It arrived yesterday and I was stoked! It's complete and it's a great vintage build. Nicely sprayed red paint and all the trim was carefully picked out with silver paint. The interior and chassis are black. I sure got my money's worth!

Big Lots score: '72 Chevy P/U, '05 300C, '61 Ranchero(another) and the Silhouette show rod by Bill Cushenbery.

The selection here was surprising; almost as many as a craft store. :huh: I could have bought at least two more, but I should have only bought two to start with! :rolleyes:

Ah well, I have a ways to go to catch up to a lot of you here for "stash" size :)

Got my standing order for all the 2007 Corvette promos including the Indy Pace Car and the Daytona Pace Car. In particular the Pace Cars were beautifully done this year. (my dealer always waits till all promos are available before he ships to me)

Last week my hobby delivery was my first order from Strada. Every thing in stock and quick shipping. I'll be ordering from them again. BTW, the order was PE & decals for various Ferrari projects.

robw

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...