Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Scott buddy....as long as your both good for each other and get along good its easy to have a long term relationship. Me and the wife have been together since about 1992 we both do not always agree with each other rarely do but we work together well for each other.  be yourself its what she will end up with right..?

Been going steady with the same girl for 40 years. She tolerates all of my cars, both 1:1 and 1/25, even the Corvairs! ?

Been going steady with the same girl for 40 years. She tolerates all of my cars, both 1:1 and 1/25, even the Corvairs! ?

She tolerates Corvairs? I'd hang on to that one if I were you. Speaking of Corvairs. Did you see that I just recently I got two very cool resin Corvair conversion kits from Modelhaus that I'm working on? A '66 Corsa convertible. And '67 Monza 4-door hardtop.

Nothing too terribly exciting. Got one of these old ones specifically for the Goodyear Blue Streak Sports Car Specials...2 sets in the kit...but I've kinda wanted a gen one Mustang fastback for some time anyway. First impression is that this is quite a nice kit. Not high parts-count, but the body seems well proportioned and the engineering and fit are good too. The add-on front air dam / spoiler is a little too heavy looking, but it's an easy fix. I LIKE this kit.

Image result for monogram GT 350R

Picked up the Surf Woody this evening; show car kits don't do much for me but this machine is the exception. I love the new slicks and all the goodies that are back in the kit. The chrome Falcon lower suspension arms are sharp, too - could dress up the Ranchero's chassis with those.

I don't love the broken rack and pinion/tie rod, and why are the mags all pebbly/lumpy? Looks like the remasterer missed a final step smoothing them. At least I can fix the tie rod (I drilled and repaired a Jo-Han Marlin tie rod once, and I've nearly recovered from the experience :wacko:).

Chris, there are two tie rods in the kit.  the chrome one is if you want a detailed tie rod and there is an unplated one if you want poseable wheels.

The extra wheel backs and wheel rings are not on the instructions.  These parts are for the roadster version that had single rear slicks.  They are shown on an original instruction sheet.

Also, the top was not covered in vinyl. It was solid walnut, inside and out. If you google "Barris Surf Woody" you will find pics I took in 1983 when the car was at the Harrah Museum about to be auctioned.  Unfortunately my old free Fotki site is no more.  It had lots of reference stuff on the car and the kit.

She tolerates Corvairs? I'd hang on to that one if I were you. Speaking of Corvairs. Did you see that I just recently I got two very cool resin Corvair conversion kits from Modelhaus that I'm working on? A '66 Corsa convertible. And '67 Monza 4-door hardtop.

yeah, Scott, I've got that Modelhaus '67 Monza 4-door in my stash. I've got a '65 4-door in my 1:1 collection, and I plan to backdate the Modelhaus unit to replicate it. Should be an easy conversion.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...