Model Cars Magazine Forum

USMC 55 Chevy Pro Stock

Frank Steffens

That is just AWESOME!!! I have this kit too and I've been wondering what to do with it. I ran across this pic and LOVE the color, but I don't know what would come close to it. Can anyone help??

1219978.jpg

You could check ARC Air Discussion Forums helicopter section, there's a few posts in there about mimicking that paint scheme. Particularly, there's two guys on there named "Lemon Jello" and "Trigger" that know A LOT about the Osprey. I can't remember exactly, but I think there was a discussion on there whether Testor's Pontiac Engine Light Blue could be used as part of the scheme. Also, on the main Aircraft Resource Center page, in the gallery section, click on "Jet Aircraft", then "F-22" there's a Raptor in that gallery by Jim Rotramel with a similar (and prototypically correct) paint scheme using metallic paint. Hope this helps!

Hola amigo!!! This sportsman's the heavy duty business and this would make any american feel good I mean look at it..... The choice of subject is a dead give away for a brute pavement beater and the decals at least thats what i thought they were... ( awesome take on camo) by the way but the class this build is' shes a champ fer sure fella and keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

ajulia

Thanks buddy!

That is just AWESOME!!! I have this kit too and I've been wondering what to do with it. I ran across this pic and LOVE the color, but I don't know what would come close to it. Can anyone help??

1219978.jpg

erm, this might be close, its a model painted in duplicolor gunmetal

HPIM0232.jpg

That almost looks spot on!!

well, there you go

i picked up a can of the stuff at autozone a while ago to match a fading gass cap to my rims on my tiburon (1:1)

so like i said, its duplicolor gunmetal

would love to see what this goes on

frank sorry for the threadjack

love where this car is going, it kinda reminds me of a certain lemans audi but that was stickered

nice job :blink: