Model Cars Magazine Forum

Callaway C4 LM Corvette Kitbash WIP........ New pics 1/18!

Kennyboy

Thank you Carl and Jonathan and Wayne, I LOL at that one Wayne!

Been working on the wheels (ready for paint) two piece ZR1 wheels, staggered bigs and littles. (19 inch rear and 17 inch front.)

Also, been working on the body......got the rear skirts matched in, chassis adapted over, and filled the rear taillight holes/Corvette script/third brake light. (next will be vent cutouts.)

Pics soon........ oh yeah before I forget, I think I am going to do the color like the picture in my profile.....the blue one.

Nice work!

Thank you James!

The bodywork looks great. Do you have any issues sanding your primer down to 12000 grit? I have gone as far as 3000 grit and had issues with the paint not sticking well and lifting with masking tape or chipping near cuts from trimming baremetal foil.

Thank you Mike! I have yet to have any issues like that .........boy I hope I don't! :D J/K.... I tend to use lacquers that will bite into the primer no matter what....also i lay the basecoats on with an airbrush with 3 light coats before a medium/wet top coat. (before clear of course.)

Thank you Mike! I have yet to have any issues like that .........boy I hope I don't! :D J/K.... I tend to use lacquers that will bite into the primer no matter what....also i lay the basecoats on with an airbrush with 3 light coats before a medium/wet top coat. (before clear of course.)

Hmm, I will have to try it again. I had these issues on my first attempt and never tried again with the fine sanding. Thanks!

The hood looks amazing after all the work you put in and the shine you got from sanding the primer down to 12000 is the best part! Cmon man...... Look at that thing! That hood has been cut up, pieced together, puttied and all that good stuff and it's just about ready for paint?!!! FANTASTIC WORK KEN!! I know I'm not nearly as good or talented than most of the guys here but I sure as heck can recognize quality work and talent when I see it. I'm blown away Ken. Great work. Looking forward to more progress.

And I'm with the other guys as well. Get someone to cast this thing. Sign me up for one!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Matthijs, it wasn't until last night that I was able to get the Callaway Speedster kit I needed for the rear clip transplant......the build was stalled because of this......anyways.......cut it out and grafted it in this morning.

Should be able to put up some updates soon. Thank you for the interest and support!!