Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rare '69 Corvette L-88 to be auctioned.

That is nice, but I will have to pass. I could pay off my house twice and still have enough left over to buy a nice exotic sports car for the expected selling price.

I always wonder about these extremely low mile cars. 2000 miles in 45 years is less than 50 miles a year, I don't understand buying a car like that and never taking it out for a drive.

"This one, a ’69 version, was one of just 116 sold in that final year. It sports a mere 2,000 miles on the odometer as well as a nicely finished restoration and all-original drivetrain. "

This was copied from the link. Why would a 2000 mile car need restored? With barn fresh still being the rage and preserving a car right along with it , this does not fit unless it was restored years ago.

Nice car but what about the history? None is given.

"This one, a ’69 version, was one of just 116 sold in that final year. It sports a mere 2,000 miles on the odometer as well as a nicely finished restoration and all-original drivetrain. "

This was copied from the link. Why would a 2000 mile car need restored? With barn fresh still being the rage and preserving a car right along with it , this does not fit unless it was restored years ago.

Nice car but what about the history? None is given.

Sorry andy, but I don't own the car, I just love the '69 corvette. I'm guessing that it was probably "cleaned up" as a restoration. Restoring a car CAN range from a mild cleaning to a full on rebuild you know, or maybe you don't... :)

Sorry andy, but I don't own the car, I just love the '69 corvette. I'm guessing that it was probably "cleaned up" as a restoration. Restoring a car CAN range from a mild cleaning to a full on rebuild you know, or maybe you don't... :)

Marshall I was not asking you about the history or if you owned it. Also I have been around more than one Restoration shop and have never heard a car that was cleaned up called a Restoration. A mild cleaning is called detailing an old car around here.

I'd love to own that era of Corvette again. I bought a 72 just after I turned 22 and oh how I wish I had that car still... It's really the one and only car that I have ever owned that I regret selling. I sold it to buy a new 1991 MR2 that I just had to have.... you know, the new body style on the covor of Car and Driver with a Ferrari. Yeah that one... ugh.

This is 22 year old me just after buying it. sigh...

b8f15344-f84b-4f90-9741-582e58df17ab.jpg

Edited by Jeff Johnston