Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 corvette gasser MPC

This one ? vettergasser2.jpg

I personally think it's a really cool kit. It's got a bunch of good stuff, like a convert up-top, a hard top, a tonneau, a one-piece body with a separate windshield frame, a cut-down racing windshield, stock hood, hood with a blower cutout AND an optional scoop, a couple of grille and bumper options, and I THINK this is the one with actual springs for the front suspension. i honestly don't remember how well proportioned it is compared to the other 4-eyed Corvette offerings.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

RC2 reissued the MPC '60 a few years ago. It was available only for a short time. The reissue lacks the working front suspension, but the steering feature is still included. Most, if not all, of the original 7-in-1 issue's optional parts are in the reissue. Be advised that all of the various issues of the MPC '60 (7-in-1, and drag version with tilt front end) have the interior bucket from the MPC 1956/57 kit. The '60 has a correct '60 instrument panel though.