Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Bart. I know what you mean, I have been to lots of races over the years. Mostly heads up drag radial type stuff and some nhra stuff and maybe a couple promod races. Wish i would have taken pictures, this year i will make sure to take reference pictures. Still trying to find pictures of the underneath of the nose to see how they do the tubing, Not coming up with much yet. If i don't find any i will do what i think is the right way.

Nice keep up the updates... You said you are around heads up stuff, Do you ever go to the Cecil County races in MD?

I haven't been to Cecil for over a year, Didn't get to many this past year. Hope to this year though.

Let me look I have some shots somewhere.

Mike

Mike that would be great.

No updates yet guys, I will have some soon. I made the battery and mount so far. After talking to Dave i went with a Braille super 16v battery. Will get some update pics once i get some more worth posting, I will start on the fuel/oil cell for the front next. I have been working on my rear trying to get that squared away also.

Didn't make much progress latley, Put the rear rotors on the hubs and added some cooling holes to them. Only managed to lose one of the small bolts when putting them on the wheels and hubs, Need to order some more. Not sure how i managed only to lose one. Also wet sanded the wheels with 1000 grit then polished them up. Rotors will be painted steel. Hope to have some better updates tommarrow.

4d7537d4.jpg

ea9baad2.jpg

8fc90549.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Joe...Those wheels are looking great. I am guessing that Jim turned them for you. And those hubs look familiar ;) . I am glad that Jim was able to take the design I drew up and make them for others here. Jims work is just out of this world and a great guy to work with. Looking forward to seeing more work done on this on your next update. Keep up the great work.

Chris nice work on the design of the hubs, the wheels turned out great. Jim did an amazing job on them, showed him the weld wheels I wanted and he made it happen, I have lots more goodies coming from Jim can't wait. Trying to find some aluminum,brass or stainless rod to work with the RB motion ends for my 4 link.

Chris nice work on the design of the hubs, the wheels turned out great. Jim did an amazing job on them, showed him the weld wheels I wanted and he made it happen, I have lots more goodies coming from Jim can't wait. Trying to find some aluminum,brass or stainless rod to work with the RB motion ends for my 4 link.

Sorry Joe, I didn't reply sooner on your question. I am using .082 SS Tubing that I had from my Slot Car days... even have some .072 SS Tubing that is just a tad smaller.

I could be wrong, but if you are going to go with Steel Rotors you may want to take that flange off of the Hub. I don't know of any steel rotors that use a flange mount up, they would be more of a 5, 7 or 8 bolt set up. They would be more like how Chris has his on his Vega build, since you have a lathe you can turn that flange off pretty easy.