Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Foot Spread Axle Aluminum Flatbed

Alot of us appriciate ANYTHING new from who ever comes out with it. It coulda been a Tridem, or spread tandem, or mock stainless steel all around, or one of those big 7 or 8 axle Michigan specials. Coulda even been 2 trailers, for the option of Turnpike doubles. Opening doors, real working landing gear, door latches, and wheel option. STILL something would be wrong. If it DID come with all or even a few of those options, then there would be b**chin about the price. If you build them we will buy them!

The way I see it, for those that find flaws in these new kits is, don't buy it!!!!! You'll be able to see exactly how the kit looks, soon after it's released because several people post pics and reviews. If you don't like what you see, don't buy it!!!!! Go and build your own trailer completely from scratch exactly how you want it and spare all of us your complaining because the kit wasn't based on your idea of the perfect kit! Most people are just happy that a model company has decided to cater to us truck builders again and bring us all new kits!!!!! REAL model builders can easilly change things about a kit to make it look the way they want it too!

I'm starting to realize that there are some people out there that if you handed them a solid bar of gold, they would complain that it was too heavy or they would have rather had it in smaller pieces!

• 2 months later...

Thats what a lot of people were saying about the Great Dane 53 footer until it came out. Then the griping began, everything from reefer to wheels was ripped apart.

Typical of car modelers. Once they are confronted with a 300 peice real truck kit they find every excuse why it's the kits problem and not their lack of skills.

Typical of car modelers. Once they are confronted with a 300 peice real truck kit they find every excuse why it's the kits problem and not their lack of skills.

Tackle a 1:8 Classic Pocher one of these days, kiddo. Then we'll see this imaginary dispute of yours between car and truck modelers settled. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

The way I see it, for those that find flaws in these new kits is, don't buy it!!!!! You'll be able to see exactly how the kit looks, soon after it's released because several people post pics and reviews. If you don't like what you see, don't buy it!!!!! Go and build your own trailer completely from scratch exactly how you want it and spare all of us your complaining because the kit wasn't based on your idea of the perfect kit! Most people are just happy that a model company has decided to cater to us truck builders again and bring us all new kits!!!!! REAL model builders can easilly change things about a kit to make it look the way they want it too!

I'm starting to realize that there are some people out there that if you handed them a solid bar of gold, they would complain that it was too heavy or they would have rather had it in smaller pieces!

Amen to that, Brother....I find that too many are concerned with accuracy....Like you said, if you don't like it, change it....To be honest, it would have to have been accurate, enough for the 1:1 manufacturer to liscence it.....I applaude Mobeius for bringing these kits to market....I like 'em....

Edited by kilrathy10

• 1 month later...

FYI the Transcraft eagle pictured is a 48 footer but that would be a welcome kit too.

Yep, that's what I thought too, I used to pull an identical trailer. All of the 53' flats I have seen have had the deck overhanging the rear axle by 5'.