Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Gotcha.....it's the inside of the windshield frame that concerns me..perhaps more than it should. I was lucky this person was so careful and conservative with glue. I look forward to seeing your Merc...

I understand. With the windshield still installed, the backside would still be white & showing through the glass. I see the problem. If the previous builder was light handed with the glue, there's a very good possibility you can get it out. Good luck!! Steve

An AMT 1962 T-bird convertible in the original box. Assembled stock, never painted, only the engine and windshield glued....looks brand new. The glass was very neatly, but solidly glued in at the base/cowl. Any fool-proof ways of removing the windshield without damaging it?

I got one out of my '62 Impala convertible with very slow, careful use of a photoetch saw - flat against the glass, teeth cutting into the glue joint. I'd saw a little from both the outside and inside until it met in the middle. Had to do a lot of polishing afterwards; if I'd masked off the glass with Scotch tape it might have helped

This might also be a good opportunity to try cutting with thread if you can find a spot to pull it through.

002_1.jpg

001_2.jpg

004_1.jpg

This month i got some wagons,62 Impala and 65 Malibu 300. Also got some resto objects.

Big thanks to Casey Littmann for helping out on purchase and ship the 62 Fairlane.

Nice Score and long roofs ...

Got 'em today. Did I need them......no. But these are gonna look freekin' cool on the display shelf one day!

FSCN1287_zpsb5qjb5dk.jpg

Cool Joe and Mopars ....

I bought SMP '61 Chevrolet Fleetside builtup as it was pretty nice and clean and the price was fair (And it is in '60 Chevy Pickup box). It will be built as a Mild Custom. Also I bought a set of whitewall tires with '60 DeSoto hubcaps. Tires will be used as front tires on Drag Cars, hubcaps will end up in a Custom build I guess. Then I bought a big set of different valve covers.

bcd5ccd1-fd94-4cc3-9493-38968cfaa0f6.jpg

A couple of pics of that Chevy:

http://public.fotki.com/NostalgicDrag/smp-61-chevrolet-pickup/

I got one out of my '62 Impala convertible with very slow, careful use of a photoetch saw - flat against the glass, teeth cutting into the glue joint. I'd saw a little from both the outside and inside until it met in the middle. Had to do a lot of polishing afterwards; if I'd masked off the glass with Scotch tape it might have helped

This might also be a good opportunity to try cutting with thread if you can find a spot to pull it through.

thanks for the suggestions...The thread idea is promising...sounds pretty "safe" too.

Edited by mike 51

Ordered a Revell 359 Wrecker and the recently re-issued '72 Chevy Blazer from RPP Hobby last Sunday and today the FedEx Ground guy dropped them off. Have some ideas for a fleet of wreckers and will be starting on them soon. The Blazer might be a support vehicle for the wrecker fleet.

The good news is that RPP had the wrecker for $64.99, much cheaper than anywhere else I could find it.

I bought SMP '61 Chevrolet Fleetside builtup as it was pretty nice and clean and the price was fair (And it is in '60 Chevy Pickup box). It will be built as a Mild Custom. Also I bought a set of whitewall tires with '60 DeSoto hubcaps. Tires will be used as front tires on Drag Cars, hubcaps will end up in a Custom build I guess. Then I bought a big set of different valve covers.

bcd5ccd1-fd94-4cc3-9493-38968cfaa0f6.jpg

A couple of pics of that Chevy:

http://public.fotki.com/NostalgicDrag/smp-61-chevrolet-pickup/

Nice score Niko. Have plans for it???

Nice score Niko. Have plans for it???

Thanks!

Yep, it'll be built as a Mild Custom ^_^ . I'm not sure about anything other than that yet, but I'll make my plans when I get it apart and see what I should change and what should be left original. :)

Today I got my first large scale model, a MPC 1/16 Richard Petty Dodge Charger '73... I managed to get 10% off of the price on this one and I'm pretty satisfied so far.

0a6f18ca-9389-43fb-872d-193b10e83435_zps

..And an Airfix 1/32 VW 1200 which I'll build for my girlfriend who loves the old VW Bug. On this one, I managed to get 50% off, so it was a real catch, and hopefully it'll be a fun little build!

a1db0a5f-204e-4f6d-baf3-2436d0cc78c6_zps

Went to the model and toy show at Serb Hall today. Was pretty much a bust for what I was looking for kit wise.

It always seems when you find nothing, I leave with an empty wallet. :D Best find was a $5.00 parts box containing a mildly damaged JO-HAN '74 AMC Hornet body still in bare plastic, with good bumpers and grille, but I found a lots of things today. Always good meeting up with you, too, Andy.

I bought SMP '61 Chevrolet Fleetside builtup as it was pretty nice and clean and the price was fair (And it is in '60 Chevy Pickup box). It will be built as a Mild Custom. Also I bought a set of whitewall tires with '60 DeSoto hubcaps.

That looks like a great builder! (Never understood why they didn't countersink those taillights...) I'd like to combine one of those with the Open Road camper.

Take another look at those hubcaps - I'm pretty sure they're from the '60 Plymouth wagon, not the DeSoto.

That looks like a great builder! (Never understood why they didn't countersink those taillights...) I'd like to combine one of those with the Open Road camper.

Take another look at those hubcaps - I'm pretty sure they're from the '60 Plymouth wagon, not the DeSoto.

Yep that is in a good condition for sure. I can't wait to start building that one.

Thanks for the info on those hubcaps! I just checked it from Google and you're right. The seller told me where they were from but I could not remember it anymore and I thought they would be from DeSoto. :D

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...