Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got what I thought was a deal on the Revell Uptown Escalade EXT.

"$10!" I thought. "Wow!"

The goal was to make a replica of Chris Moltosanti's Escalade from The Sopranos.

No stock wheels. No stock ride height. No bed detail. Ugh.

So what I guess I'll have to do is switch everything underneath it with the older Escalade SUV. Hmph.

At least I got some Tamiya putty at the same time. I can use that right now, anyways.

A 1/8 scale P-38 drop tank. It's vacuum-formed, and includes one copy in clear plastic, so I can make a model of one like the Markley Brothers had, with clear nose for better aero. I ordered two complete tanks + clear parts. One for me and one for a friend. Ordered today. They have not arrived yet.

Tank002-vi.jpg

Hi all,I found this and grabbed it.I don't know much about it.It is 1/24 scale and I think it was a promo item for their offices.

Does anyone know more and how much it is worth.I am undecided if I am going to sell it or keep it.

I have never seen anything like it.It is from 2005 and is mint in box.

Thanks,George

DSCN9934_4125_zpsuwwrqkvv.jpg

Edited by gbdolfans

Picture%2052_zpstmroie8s.png

1/16 Entex Jaguar XJ-S. Pretty much a pristine version of the original Bandai kit at a fraction of typically high asking prices -- a total of $50 shipped to me. Looks like amazing detail, with all sprues in sealed individual plastic wrapping and all parts still attached to sprues. Body has no seams, noticeable flash or sink marks. Engine will be a challenge, and anyone who tries to come close to the mare's nest of plumbing and wiring in the 1:1 will eventually be carried off in a straitjacket. And the Jaguar engineers who created this mess should be tracked down and taken to a black site.

Downside: 1 goobered tire and no instructions. Does anyone have instructions, or can you direct me to someone who does?

A very nice build here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68727

You can see the complete sprues and instructions here:

http://pijune.tistory.com/47

Edited by sjordan2

FINALLY! I just picked up the Revell '90 Mustang LX 5.0 Cop Car. Now I see why Mike Schnur went with this kit for his Fox Hatch conversion. It's SO superior to all other FOX 'Stangs out there, other than the fact that it looks "Chopped". which I'm sure it will look better with the window trim painted. I'm not going to worry about it.

My friend Jeremy Despain has a 93 Interceptor Mustang Coupe from the Texas Highway Patrol that has been converted back to non-police use. I think I'm going to build a replica of his car. It'll be black with carbon fiber stripes, saleen rear wing, Cobra wheels, centrifugal supercharged.

Was over a friends house last nite for a few beers.

Picked up a builtup 1961 Inperial convertible, a builtup 1960 Bonneville hardtop ( not 100% sure what I will do with it,,i was mainly after the Imperial ) I already have a 60 Bonneville convertble builtup ( 2 actually )

And a decent builtup AMT 1968 Cougar ( I was hoping it was a 67 ) .

Today though, my Model haus order arrived for my 1958 Bonnevile project . So that one can move forward again .

Edited by gtx6970

Hi all,I found this and grabbed it.I don't know much about it.It is 1/24 scale and I think it was a promo item for their offices.

Does anyone know more and how much it is worth.I am undecided if I am going to sell it or keep it.

I have never seen anything like it.It is from 2005 and is mint in box.

Thanks,George

DSCN9934_4125_zpsuwwrqkvv.jpg

What is word on this on? And is it 1/24th scale? If so, it would be cool to find one.

Scott

I was at Top Shelf models this Sunday and found a Revell 1990 Mazda Miata. I don't know why no one builds theses. I've never seen one on a table at any model contest. This thing is very nicely made. full detail engine that is quite accurate, great suspension and driveline. I was quite impressed.

I can't wait to start this one.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...