Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revamped diecast Checker Marathon

realgone58

kits%2520checker%25201.JPGStarted life as a Sunstar 1/18 diecast Atlanta, GA cab. I wanted a stock Checker. So here it is. I loved the color combo I did my '77 Monte Carlo kit in, so I chose the leftover paint for this as well. Came out pretty good, except I cracked the back glass! Oh well, I guess you could say some kid threw a rock at it!! Thought the redlines would look cool on it. Removed all the Taxi hardware in and out, filled the holes, and the rest is stock Testors spray, and Krylon for the cream color on the roof.

kits%2520checker%25202.JPG

Guest Johnny

Love those cars! You could not kill them they were built like a tank! :lol:

Both cab companies used them here when I was a kid. My Uncle drove cab on and off over the years.

Wife brought our first kid home in one.(I was away with Uncle Sam)

One took me from the train station to the induction center in Chicago. Actually 8 of us, Gypsy cab driver, drove like a wild man! :lol:

There were several here locally that were private owned and were really nice cars.(models befor the DOT bumpers)

One even had a raised roof and a wheel chair ramp! Saw that one taking it's last ride on a rollback about a year ago. :(