Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gamers?

hgbben

I like Driving games. NOT the gta series. Racing!

Have a few on my PC including a few Sample/demos.

Just wish I could get my 2 Need For Speed Texaco/Porche CD's to Work on this Dell!!

Though Win95 CD's, they work on my other xp PC's!!

I also have Star Wars & Classic Monopoly for PC!!

I am not into roll-play games either. Just Driving!!

Need to find a Cheap Steering Wheel control (PC Only)

As for consoles. Sears version of the Atari 2600 & a Coleco-vision.

Have not tryed them in a LONG time!!!!

Haha ! I just saw this thread ! Didn't know what "Gamers" meant, so l had to check it out. lt's like trying to read a foreign language, l can only imagine how long it must take to learn the actual games ! l played pong in the early '70s & was amazed at the technology, then went outside & played ball. My 17 year old has guitar hero but hasn't played with it for about 3 years ? My 11 year old never has been interested. But we'll take you on in volleyball, basketball, baseball or football, just not in the house........things tend to get broken !

My newest setup is ps2 all I have is racing games of all kinds except for a couple golf games.....(Hotshots golf and a couple gameshow games)

I also have a lot of older counsels I often still play my nes (original nintendo) also own atari 2600, intellivision, sega genesis, sega cd, segA 32x, ps1 , s nes, ps2 I think that covers all that I have games all mostly racing

New here -- but tip to all of you who listed the need for speed games. If you have Xbox 360, pick up Forza Horizon, much better than the recent NFS releases, and employs many of the successful features of Forza Motorsport.

This!! Horizon is great !! I love the fact that you can free roam and are not limited to just racing on tracks the entire game. I finished it about a month ago and there is really nothing left to do anymore besides cruise around and drag race against people online so I guess I'll be getting rid of it soon. They just did an update with added rally cars and tracks I may try out.

Edited by dantewallace

• 2 weeks later...

been playing wow since october 2005..... and the occational Diablo. Been hardcore wow-player with average 4 nights a week, but that does not compute with wife, kids and work anymore. So kind of quit it. Only play on my ps2 and building models atm.

There is one game I play.

Street Challenge. It is a game on PC, I guess it works via Internet. Oh and it's a Drag Racing game where are a lot of different cars, you can buy speed parts for them and tune the Gear Ratios to get it run correctly etc. You can adjust the Dial In, run Bracket or Heads Up, Holeshot wins are possible etc. An excellent game, worth trying. Oh and it's basically free, but you can get more garage space with little amount of $$.

What I have in Garage now:

1. '69 Camaro Super Comp car, running 8,9 times. Just ran 8,9002 today.

2. '78 Chevy Malibu Outlaw 10,5 Car. In Bracket setup it runs with 6,5714 index, it's really consistant. And when I want to drive Heads Up, it goes 6,3's.

3. Plymouth Superbird Pro Mod. Runs high 5,8 times.

4. Mustang Top Fuel Funny Car. Best ET so far is 4,7102.

And my NickName is NickL.

Other than that game, I play games quite rarely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a ps3 and a gaming pc. I only really play offline and only have the ps3 for games not for the pc like: mlb the show, madden and ncaa football. I probably have 50+ games for pc that I play offline, single player. The only one I play online is Iracing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a few of the Vandura's now. One is now mechanically built and painted a dark blue, but haven't done any graphics on it yet so there are no "pics" of it.

This one is the sleeper van, full weight reduction, biggest and stickiest rear tires available, full on drivetrain and brakes, while it's otherwise stock.

8539151112_413269804b_b.jpg

Then there's my Hooligan or Hoon Van, Same mods as the Sleeper, but mid range suspension mods, no sway bars, and big and bigger Fiske wheels with stock compound tires. It's built just to screw around with! This one is available on the store front too B)

8537858701_9ab0d0a1fa_b.jpg

8537858785_d6373cd73e_b.jpg

Then there is the road anvil, went full on "Street Fighter" with this one. Built it to the max, over 500hp and capable of 150+ mph :D

8538986604_1f89a635c4_b.jpg

8538986762_9304916727_b.jpg

Then there's the van from my first post on the topic, fairly wild mechanically, but not as while as the Anvil and has the A-Team van bumpers. Drop a 6.0l LS motor and 4L80E, this would make a pretty sweet cruiser in real life!

8538964294_d12c7c3065_b.jpg

8537857815_270aceaa28_b.jpg

xbox forza 4 JAAY QUEEZY

Just had a chance to play that again on Friday, first time since August! I've already recreated the Road Anvil and my all black Javelin from Horizon in it, even bought the Gremlin and Omni GLHS and will buy the Hornet and '40 Deluxe once I get more credits built back up...........then build them up too :D

I was able to get a year membership for $45 through Target about a month ago vs the $60 I paid for my sister's for Christmas.

I have problem paying for live gold when I get everything free on Play Station that you have to pay for on Xbox.

I do have PSN plus right now, but it was a Chritsmas present (three month PSN card)

I cant make myself think its worth the money to pay for Live Gold for just one game :lol: , now if I didnt have the PS3, then that would be a different story ;)