Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gamers?

hgbben

I have an Xbox 360 and like to play Far Cry 3 & 4. I dont know how to hook this up to the surround sound system though. Any tips on how to go about this ? My son wont get to come home again till May .

Post a pic of the back of your surround sound and tv Sean

Once GT5 servers were closed it got real boring. The online seasonal events were where the real fun was. I have had GT6 for almost 2 years now and play at least bit every day. I'm glad youre finding it playable. My experience isn't so good. The AI is horrible. PD's idea that giving the lead cars a half minute head start equals competition is not fun. The servers are horrible, making online and lobby play miserable. Updates are full of glitches and bad data. I'm going to stop here. I feel a rant coming on :o

I only have three friends I actually play online in GT6 with, and we just drive around Spa and talk.

Yeah, the AI certainly is weak... GT4 was a real challenge, and still is - that GT World Championship at the end of the Pro League, the Mercedes Sauber C9 that could somehow beat everything, never changing tires... I have the Toyota Minolta 88C, fully tuned and turbo'd, and it was still an extreme challenge to do. Ah, those were the days...

My son had it hooked up to a cheaper quality system before I moved.  I can play currently but the sound only comes through the tv and it is just not as great. Nothing more satisfying as the boom of a 50 cal on surround ;)

Edited as problem has been solved - Thank you !

Edited by Old Buckaroo

Connect RCA audio cables from the TV's L-R audio out to an input on the stereo, the CD input if you just want audio channeled through the stereo.

You can also connect an RWY cable from the Video and Audio outs on the stereo to the TV when you have anything connected to the stereo's Video channels - using these makes it an essential input changer - just change from Video 1 or Video 2 on the stereo to get audio and video from either input to go to the TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, that's why I run manual all the time. Having a G25 racing wheel makes it all the more fun.

I remember having constant laughter with the Pikes Peak Escudo in GT4 with the wheel. Manual transmission, dual engine, dual turbo. The force feedback was incredible, and I couldn't stop laughing for the life of me, jogging the wheel constantly back and forth around every corner.

I remember having constant laughter with the Pikes Peak Escudo in GT4 with the wheel. Manual transmission, dual engine, dual turbo. The force feedback was incredible, and I couldn't stop laughing for the life of me, jogging the wheel constantly back and forth around every corner.

I had almost forgotten about that, fun times.