Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ive been looking for some late model BMW kits. All I can really find are the Z3 kits. are there any late model BMW kits out there, say 2004 and older 3 series, maybe the 1 series?. The newer "curvy" style?

Nope, Nada, zip....

Most likely in the past, sales of Beemer kits didn't meet expectations, therefore no new tools, maybe because people are buying die-casts to put on their shelves....

No kits whatsoever. However if you search around, you'll find many 1/24 diecast models of modern BMW's. The ones by Welly are the best, and consider any diecast a "blank canvas" to work with.

There are a few E36 type (3 series) kits in 1/24th scale around but you have to look for them. I have a Dragon 1997 M3 Lightweight 2 dr kit and a Hasagawa 320i 4 dr from the early 90's, as well as a ESCI 320 racer circa 1978 that was made to compete with the Porsche 935. I also have seen the late 90's 318i (bobtailed version) around. These kits are out there, you just gotta look (ebay). Prepare to pay a premium, but not resin money. There are plenty of resin kits done in 1/43rd scale, but these can be quite expensive. Good luck.

Edited: I just checked ebay and some of these models are available at this time.

Edited by cobrit