Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell/monogram 79 chevy pickup

Hey guys just a few days ago i got the revell/monogram 79 chevy pickup kit and it is a step side. What i want to do with the kit is make a replica of a 78 GMC dually my dad used to have and what i need to know is, is the bed in the fleetside 79 chevy pickup kit a long box of a short box and is there a resin dually bed for that gen of GM truck? i can make my own with a long box fleetside bed and stepside fenders but resin would be much easier. Thanks

there was a guy on ebay selling a 4 door 78 79 body style. i tried to buy one cause it had a buy it now. but the guy never sent me my item or answered my emails about when item would ship. i think his user name was riv something.

if you find anything please post info. i would love to build a late 70's 4 door long bed dually.

or post pics of how you made your own bed if you go that way.

Are yo guys sure that the Monogram monster truck Chevies are longbeds? I remember when those came out, and I recall that they were shortbeds just like the regular truck kits and the Ford monster truck the did at the same time. Most of the monster truck kits at the time were simply a lifted suspension and axles added to existing truck kits, I can't see Monogram tooling up a longbed just for a monster truck.

BTW, the Monogram Chevy pickup is a '76, '79 has a different grille and hood.

Since we're on the topic of Chevy/GMC Fleetside beds, what's the deal with the ex-MPC (now AMT) Fleetside bed included in the Hardcastle & McCormick, Fall Guy, and recent '84 GMC 4x4 kits?

What the heck is that engraved right angle line running around the fuel filler door? :)

mpcGMCbed.jpg

that engraved line was an effort to make the truck look like the Fall Guy TV truck and it didn't work. the Fall Guy truck was a long bed too, so that wonky engraving just made the short bed look even more weird in it's effort to replicate the 1:1.

Never knew that. :blink:

1fallguydoor.JPG

The monster truck beds are short beds. No long bed in that body style has ever been made in a 1/25 or 1/24 plastic kit. There was a resin caster in Germany (I forget the name, Scale something)that had a resin transkit to make a correct Fall Guy pickup in 1/25 and it includes a very nice long bed. There were a couple different casters here in the US that offered a long bed dually in that body style but it's 1/25 and is designed to be used with the Fall Guy kit to complete it.

I found this guy through facebok, his name is Ron Andrews and he sells the beds for $7.95 each. They look to be very nice castings and you can also get a crew cab 79 chevy pickup from him that needs a donor kit, the long bed also goes with the crew cab.

Ron runs RMR Resin. I don't see the bed listed on this page, but at least it's available, and I do see the crew you mentioned listed:

http://www.freewebs.com/rmrresin/nf125.htm

Ron just said they were 1/25 so i guess that means there 1/25 lol

So, what your saying is, their 1/25. Not 1/24 but 1/25. Just above 1/24 but just below 1/26. But that would actually mean that they are 1/25, smaller than the 1/24 but a smooch bigger than 1/26, being that they're 1/25 and not 1/24 or 1/26.....but 1/25. right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ben