Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 379 with EAST Genesis Dump Body, (almost completed)

I come on here everyday and I take a look at what is happening in the Truck modeling world. I do that so that I can get news, see updates and completed builds. I also come here to draw inspiration from other people's builds. Over the years I have been inspired and I believe that my skills and knowledge and ability has improved over what it was. I have more patience too. Then we see a build like this. Well, what can I say. This build makes me want to take the four projects that I am currently working (more like juggling) on my workbench, all of my built trucks and trailers, my unbuilt kits, my paints, tools and any other model building related item and throw them all in the dump and take up cross stitching or crocheting!

Kurt you are not a model builder. You are a MASTER CRAFTSMAN!! There is not one blemish, molding seam, poor paint. poor fit or any defect at all! This is an amazing build it really is. The detail is astonishing too. I like the cooler in the cab! I am in awe of this build. Thanks for sharing it.

4/19/14....

Other than a few odds and ends...and a picture taken outside..I'll then post this in the completed section. After 3+yrs on and off....a decal or two yet..and the polished aluminum fender guards...she'll be done. Thank you to everyone for all the great comments...and suggestions. Until next year...enjoy the time outside...finally.

DSC03501_zps1a09ebd4.jpg

DSC03497_zpsc9de8277.jpg

DSC03496_zpsd273c353.jpg

DSC03490_zpsc27cd38b.jpg

DSC03495_zps88d1c4f6.jpg

• 6 months later...