Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

Hi John,

I'm just sitting back in awe.. beautiful work mate. :) !

Quick question..(may have been answered before but i couldn't find it)...What are you using to hold it all together during the mockup stage?. Tape?, white glue?, contact adhesive.?

cheers

Ian

Hi John,

I'm just sitting back in awe.. beautiful work mate. :)

Quick question..(may have been answered before but i couldn't find it)...What are you using to hold it all together during the mockup stage?. Tape?, white glue?, contact adhesive.?

cheers

Ian

Hi Ian.......I use Aleene`s original tacky glue........it comes in a 5 oz bronze color tube........cost around $1.50 .......I like to use it because it holds together great and will remove very easy........I also use 3m green tape when I get lazy :) ..........thanks

I'm just sitting here with the biggest smile on my face. The shaggy rear really really really does me in! LOL!

Thanks Dr........I think once I get the shag attached to the trunk and headliner and trimmed/combed down to scale it will look like the 1:1 car........thanks

John, if ANYBODY can copy this hideous thing, YOU can do it!!! NEVER liked this thing ,but I give you full Kudos for even tryin it! Even as a model I think it's UGLY, but you can make a silk purse from a sows ear, so I DO believe your model will be an EXACT copy! Please don't take this wrong, but EVERYBODY has different tastes.

John, if ANYBODY can copy this hideous thing, YOU can do it!!! NEVER liked this thing ,but I give you full Kudos for even tryin it! Even as a model I think it's UGLY, but you can make a silk purse from a sows ear, so I DO believe your model will be an EXACT copy! Please don't take this wrong, but EVERYBODY has different tastes.

George.......I hear what your saying.....I am actually not a fan of the 1:1 car as well......but,some of the creation is crazy in a good way for modelers that want to go that extra step........lately I have been trying to build off the wall projects..........and I thought this project would be a gossip getter?.........as is the real 1:1 car.........I`m sure I will get allot of opinions on this build before it is done.......especially on body,engine,color,flames,shaggy fur,etc..........the list goes on and on and on.........but,I thank you for the compliment :)

Hello........just a small up-date.......I have been sick with the Flu......got a little bench time today ....... modified the chassis to attach the Hemi........I made some headers and side exhaust tips.......also made a firewall........I will work on the bumpers next.........thanks for looking.

DSCF6562_zps1a1e7eed.jpg

DSCF6561_zps0e72059d.jpg

DSCF6559_zps7be4c617.jpg

DSCF6557_zpse11e2b14.jpg

DSCF6556_zpsa1bbd6e2.jpg

Austin: The headers are not finished........I still need to sand ,primer and putty........then I will take more pictures.

Mike: I don`t know where the valve covers came from.......I got them from my parts box........I still need to modify them.

Bill: they took a couple of hours.......I still need to clean them up a little .

Thank you all for the kind comments. :)

Edited by John Teresi