Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1/8 Iroc-z

kustombuilder1

Howdy folks. Thought I'd introduce myself by showing my only large scale project, the Monogram 1/8 IROC-Z.

I started her in Oct. 1986, and I still don't consider it finished. :lol: I'm always finding something to do to it.

It's painted with Dupont Centari 99A Acrylic Enamel. I weathered somethings to reflect actual daily driver use, like the tread wear on the tires, and other things have weathered themselves with her shear 21 years of age. I helped things along a little by adding some paint swirls like you'd find on a black car with older paint. This was pretty easy to do, I just didn't do an extra fine polish job the last few times. About once a year, she gets a real soap and water bath. The only thing I have to be careful of here is the decal in the instrument panel for the gauges.

She's held up pretty well over the years. I plan on having her till the day my maker calls me home. Thanks for looking, and have a gerat day!!

IROC-Z2.jpg

IROC-Z1.jpg