Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Modelhaus Tucker Complete

My first resin build!! I am actually more proud of this one then most any others, simply because I actually completed a resin project!! That was my one New Years Resolution, two years running, and I FINALLY DID IT!

Everything you need is provided in the kit, which costs $70. I got it at the NNL East in March. This was also the first resin project I cleaned in Bleche-white, too.

Also my first use of Vacu-formed parts, the window glass.

The original plan was to build Tucker #2, that I saw in Indiana in 2003, but I couldn't find a paint match for the interior. So I decided it would look better in red then brown.

The paint is Tamiya Gold (2 coats) over Tamiya white primer and under Testors Model Master Lacquer (MML) clearcoat. The car was also BMFd.

I decided to scratchbuild a new steering column, as the one provided is rather nasty and doesn't look a thing like it's supposed to. I used a piece of chrome plated sprue from the AMT/Model King 72 Blazer. I also used little metal tubes VW Dave gave me a while back for the exhaust pipes, which are not supplied, but the cutouts are.

And that's it!

Enjoy the pictures!

2006May6th003-vi.jpg

2006May6th004-vi.jpg

2006May6th005-vi.jpg

2006May6th006-vi.jpg

2006May6th007-vi.jpg

2006May6th008-vi.jpg

2006May6th009-vi.jpg

2006May6th010-vi.jpg

2006May6th011-vi.jpg

Want to see my "Photo booth"? :D

2006May6th012-vi.jpg

Cool model Billy. That is a sort of grail of mine. I met John Tucker (Preston's son) last year and we had a very pleasant conversation. I also took many pics of the blue car in the Swigart museum.

Thanks,