Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aces Wild Chopper FINISHED!

Stingray69

Okay I finally got my link to work...

I finished this up a few days ago. Overall it was a fun build and built up very nicely. The wheels and triple trees are from the Crusader kit, I just didn't like the billet wheels the Aces kit came with. I plan on doing a more detailed buildup of the Crusader kit at a later date.

http://www.freewebs.com/lumpysspeedshop/chopperaceswild2.htm

Very nice build, up!

I am not a motorcylce fan as such, but I already have one of these new kits, and I hope to pick up a few more. I'll likely build the first one to get a feel for the kit, then get a little more detailed with the execution and maybe do some mild customizing on subsequent kits.

######, these look like fun builds!

I see them as a potential for an aftermarket home run. Imagine how a set of billet forks would look? Or REAL laced rims? Photo-etched V-twin cooling fin barrels? Chain? Resin tanks? The possibilities are endless....

And as for the bike, the pictures are a little dark and it makes it hard to see details on a dark bike. Maybe thats why feedback doens't seem strong. But the bike looks nice, from what I see. 8)

BTW: Tom, I love your avatar!

:cry: No feedback

Tommy, please do not take this the wrong way but….why do you build models?

And this question is for all the modelers reading this posting!

Is it for the strokes and atta-boys you can receive on this forum and others... or is it for the good feelings you get upon seeing something you built your self? Do you build because you love gluing your fingers together with superglue at 11:30 in the evening or jabbing your palm with a #11 blade while cutting open a set of doors on that thick plastic rare Aurora model car body?

OR... is the reason that you build because some sort of short-circuit in your brain which causes you to think "MODELS" whenever you see some little piece of shiny wire on the sidewalk or a cool little spring you’ve never saw before when you take a-part the latest ballpoint pen?

I personally build because I am DRIVEN to build, create, paint, carve, solder and otherwise modify all the little bits of ###### and material within my small shear of influence. Ninety-nine percent of the stuff I build and create ends up in a box never to be seen by the general public… and I don’t really care. I build because I like to build! I don't usually post my projects on this forum UNLESS I feel it can help another modeler.

Now, maybe you think I am picking on you and your motives for posting? Yes?

NO! Everybody, including me, need positive feed back once in a while... however, please do not post on this forum and NOT expect the odd critique from a more experienced modeler who is just trying to help. OK? The reason you don’t get feed back may be because there is nothing to say.

Now, my feedback is that your bike build is good! You paint well and the assembly was very clean. So clean that Ismael didn’t even know the scale. That is good and you should be commended. However, if your looking for comments you might next time try modifying the bike into something a little different. Mix and match the parts…. Add a cylinder to make a fantasy chopper…. Modify the seat for two persons and scratch build a sissy bar…. Turn a set of aluminum wheels or pay someone else to do it for you… Paint some flames on that tank… Cut and carve your own tank, rear fender, and front fender just like the guys on WCCC…

In other words, make the bike your own design based on the Revell kit.

Inspire us!!! I know you and all the rest of the readers in this forum have that in your hearts and minds…. JUST DO IT!

Tommy, please do not take this the wrong way but….why do you build models?

And this question is for all the modelers reading this posting!

Is it for the strokes and atta-boys you can receive on this forum and others... or is it for the good feelings you get upon seeing something you built your self? Do you build because you love gluing your fingers together with superglue at 11:30 in the evening or jabbing your palm with a #11 blade while cutting open a set of doors on that thick plastic rare Aurora model car body?

OR... is the reason that you build because some sort of short-circuit in your brain which causes you to think "MODELS" whenever you see some little piece of shiny wire on the sidewalk or a cool little spring you’ve never saw before when you take a-part the latest ballpoint pen?

I personally build because I am DRIVEN to build, create, paint, carve, solder and otherwise modify all the little bits of ###### and material within my small shear of influence. Ninety-nine percent of the stuff I build and create ends up in a box never to be seen by the general public… and I don’t really care. I build because I like to build! I don't usually post my projects on this forum UNLESS I feel it can help another modeler.

Now, maybe you think I am picking on you and your motives for posting? Yes?

NO! Everybody, including me, need positive feed back once in a while... however, please do not post on this forum and NOT expect the odd critique from a more experienced modeler who is just trying to help. OK? The reason you don’t get feed back may be because there is nothing to say.

Now, my feedback is that your bike build is good! You paint well and the assembly was very clean. So clean that Ismael didn’t even know the scale. That is good and you should be commended. However, if your looking for comments you might next time try modifying the bike into something a little different. Mix and match the parts…. Add a cylinder to make a fantasy chopper…. Modify the seat for two persons and scratch build a sissy bar…. Turn a set of aluminum wheels or pay someone else to do it for you… Paint some flames on that tank… Cut and carve your own tank, rear fender, and front fender just like the guys on WCCC…

In other words, make the bike your own design based on the Revell kit.

Inspire us!!! I know you and all the rest of the readers in this forum have that in your hearts and minds…. JUST DO IT!

Right now I build models because I can't afford the real thing :(

I just didn't understand why so many other builds were getting replies and mine was just being over looked. I probably wouldn't of said anything if it were another build but it was my first chopper build I felt like I did something wrong because it was being overlooked. I did mix match some parts on it, nothing major though, I'm saving that for my next bike.

I think there is more than nothing there and plenty to comment on. Yes it wasn't relatively box stock looking but sometimes its nice to get away from the brass scratchbuilding I do. It just seems none of my builds really get that popular on here, and I know its not a popularity contest but I like feedback, doesn't matter if its good or bad. Just let me know if I did or am doing well, whats the point of posting it on here then?

Jairus no offence taken either, I respect your opinion.

Fastback glad you like the avatar :D

Tommy dont take it in a bad way, some posts are popular because of the subject [rare build , resin ,etc] not the builder. People zoom thru here all day and look at the pics a little at a time . I leave my boards on all day while I'm building something if I'm home . Check the first page of this board under "VIEW UNANSWERED POSTS" there are 4 pages , with alot of good builders/people as posters . Hope you take this the right way , my intentions were to try to explain not to knock anyone,,,,,,,To much pressure takes the fun out of the hobby

Tommy dont take it in a bad way, some posts are popular because of the subject [rare build , resin ,etc] not the builder. People zoom thru here all day and look at the pics a little at a time . I leave my boards on all day while I'm building something if I'm home . Check the first page of this board under "VIEW UNANSWERED POSTS" there are 4 pages , with alot of good builders/people as posters . Hope you take this the right way , my intentions were to try to explain not to knock anyone,,,,,,,To much pressure takes the fun out of the hobby

That's a good thought Ken.........no replies doesn't necessarily mean no one's interested! I look at the amount of "hits" my posts have had..............the '59 Buick I'm building is over 1500!!.......even though I haven't done an update for a couple weeks now! (that'll soon change! :D)

Again I have no problems with your opinions :D

I just prefer feedback more than views I guess... I post my work more to hear what people think then just them viewing it. I created my website for people to view my work, I come here for the feedback whether its good OR bad. And like I said yes it was a very simplistic build but after working on my pro mod for days this was a long time coming.

Tommy, simplistic isn't a bad thing. :D

The bike is nice so stop beating your self up. Read the comments and suggestions and get started building the next project.

And, just a suggestion, shoot the next one outside. You can never have too much light!

8)