Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Belvedere Driven By Paul Goldsmith. *Finished*

W-409

Thanks guys, you are too kind. :lol:

Darryl: I'd be happy if I could get at least one build completed without big breaks when the model is just sitting in the box for a few months time. Otherwise I like the style I build. :D

Dave: Yeah, those straps turned out better than I thought. Usually they need one or two times of repainting before I can be happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, after the paint and decals were dry, I Clear Coated the body with Maston's clear from spray can (Same Manufacturer's clear and paint). You must paint a bit thicker clear coat, so there is material to polish, otherwise it will go through clear coat to paint, and that does not look good. But of course, too much clear isn't good either. Then I tape the tight curves before polishing, so it will not go through clear so easily from those places, and get to work.

I hope it helps. B)

Yes, Tamiya works fine (Or better, haven't tried to polish it) too. I have painted one car with Tamiya paints, but never have polished Tamiya paints, which is next in line I hope... :D