Model Cars Magazine Forum

What engine does the AMT pro street nova come with?

I am building it now. the body is really nice. The top half of the engine is terrible. The tires are slicks. I drilled out the holes in the wheels, they look much better now. There is a ton of flash and a lot of parts prep. Other than that it seems to be nice. I have the body painted and parts washed, ready for paint. I'll post a WIP when I have a bit more done.

I have heard that there is a hood clearance issue if you build it without the tunnel ram.

They told you wrong Rob. I don't see how anyone could have a hood clearance issue without the tunnel ram. A person does have to cut the hole marked in the hood out to allow the carbs to go through. Then, either install the hood scoop or leave it as is.

You asked if it was a 350... externally it wouldn't matter if it was a 283 or a 400. Small Block Chevy's all look the same. I enjoyed this kit myself, and it's actually kind of different in the fact that it has a narrowed rear with leaf springs instead of the typical 4 link that was all the rage with pro streeters.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and ordered one. Should be here monday. Ive been looking at a few pics of the kit I googled and am very excited! What parts need preped? and im having a hard time deciding what color to paint the block. Im thinking either hugger or matching color of body which is undecided

What kind of rear suspension does this kit use, leaf or coil springs? Is it tubbed as well as the Chevell Pro Street?

Leaf springs . I believe that you would have found this easier to work with on your pro street build as a back half . Fits very nicely , with a bit of shaping , under the Revell Camaro & Mustang kits . Also a breeze to use with any of the Tri 5 kits .

Dale

I went ahead and decided that to paint the car the popular blue we all like on these. I really wanted to engine to stand out and ive seen most have done either hugger or red so I shot it with just a base coat to dull it. Aluminium heads, or as pictured anyway. The body will have clear. I was too excited to order the correct paint so I just ran down to oreilys and picked up some stuff. I got Duplicolor BGM0539 replaces T155 and some of their matching clear. Layed down good. The bodys drying ill post pics soon sorry for the continuing poor photo quality taking

post-11772-0-13055000-1369104367_thumb.j

Edited by Scanduhless