Model Cars Magazine Forum

Illinois

High octane

The DuPage show will have toys as well as model car kits, promos, die-casts, resin, etc. The Cedarville show will be a model car contest and swap meet, no toys if I recall from last years show. Dave, I don't think that you missed anything by not going to the Waukesha show last December. I didn't buy anything, but we did go to Hooters for lunch, and then stopped at the "Empire" and Greenfield before the long ride home the long way as I-94 was closed between Hwy 11 and Seven Mile Roads. Bummer!

• 1 month later...

The Cedarville show and swap meet is a well attended event as it seems to grow every year. Lots of vendors and great builds on the contest tables. I was there last year and enjoyed it very much. There may have been some hot wheels there, but I don't remember for sure as I don't have any. The show is held at the Jane Addams Community Center in Cedarville, Illinois on Sunday March 9th from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Hopefully the weather will be better this year, as it was tough driving last year.