Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Last weekend at NNL South I picked up a Top Studio Detail set for the Tamiya YZR-M1 GP bike. This thing is insane. P/E, turned and cast resin details along with good instructions. They even have cast resin electrical connecters for the wiring harness. Also got the Spiderman decals from Scale Motorsports. Looks like I will be Yamaha-ing soon.

Yesterday I got my A/FX Buick funny car "Beware" in the mail. Not too bad and a good one for my unusual funny car collection.

Went to the Cactus Classic in Victorville, pigged out on cheap kits...

AMT 62 Bel Air

AMT 70 Chevelle SS454

AMT 60 Chevy custom pickup

Monogram late 70s El Camino Camper

All for $30!

(And gas... $200 or so) ;)

BUT... also got the January Hot Rod in the mail Saturday, best lately, 60 th anniversary issue...

100 most influential hot rods...GOOD STUFF!

got most of this during the week ,ordered the nissan nismo 350z and the lindberg dodge superbee from my local LHS and on this little site called e-bay :P i bought some resin GTO\FIREBIRD parts and some resin MOPAR parts a 72'roadrunner,65'vette convertible,SAE#1 ,68'dodge coronet convertible,72'duster and i saved the best for last MODEL CARS MAGAZINE #1 signed by the ''BIG KAHUNA'' himself gregg hutchings!. however on a sad note my bank account is now asking for a divorce.! B)

I ordered the MK Cyclone, Challenger, and LA Dart last Monday..hopefully they will have arrive early this week (or came while I've been away over the holiday weekend).

Addendum: Got home tonite from AZ and they had arrived...sweet. All look like great kits...love the box art and decals.

Edited by Rob Hall

I just wanted to start what has been one of my favorite threads on airplane modeling forums. It’s not meant to brag or prove has the biggest modeling budget; I just like to see what other people are buying...

Today I got the ‘50 Ford p/u with the Ardun flathead I’v been lusting over, a Caddy 354 parts pack motor, and some HOK “Burple†candy paint

Casey

Went to a swap meet yesterday and I got a 1964 Rambler American with a 6 cylinder in it. Nice clean build up but not so good spray job in screaming yellow zonker yellow. I bought it because of the six in it. All for 25 bucks. I also got a Flinstone 48 Chevy woody coupe body and a 59 Dodge kit from JoHan.

Man it's been a good past few days. My resin 67 Cougar body and interior from Reliable resin came in the mail a couple days ago, and then, last night at our club meeting I got a Big T (sweet) in a stash raid we have been doing......and a deadline of around a year to finish it or face an embarrassing public flogging. Is it Christmas already?????Can I still say Christmas? ...................................Christmas?.............CHRISTMAS?

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the Tamiya Ferrari FXX and the Tamiya PE set that goes with it. I "was" planning on painting it red, but after seeing some of the other Ferraris Under Glass, I may paint it a different color.

I'm going to start on it as soon as I finish my '58 Impala and my '43 Willys gasser pickup.

went to my lhs to find the latest issue of mcm for a fellow forum member,but of course it hadn't come in yet,tommorow,probably, yeah right.so to make it an unwasted trip i picked up the new Revell 58 Impala.don't really care for the 348 though,probably build it with a 327 tri power.George53.

I haven't bought anything new lately, but have several Japanese kits on order from HLJ (just got the shipping notice on some, so they should show up later in the month--Fujimi VW GTI and a couple '70s Celicas).

I did snag a few old, restorable builtups off ebay a few weeks ago--a customized AMT '59 Ford Galaxie convertible (with the rear fins clipped), '62 Merc Meteor, '62 Merc Comet, original '65 Galaxie ht. All need some Modelhaus chrome and TLC, but are restorable.

Edited by Rob Hall

Most recent buys, all at the LHS, include the Model King/Lindberg Vintage Dirt Modifieds (two models in the box!), the Model King/Amt Ertl Chevy II Super Boss Funny Car (Twister), Revell X-15 Experimental Aircraft, and the Revell Stone,Woods & Cook Willys Drag Racer. My wife picked out the Willys 'cause she thought it was "cute" ;)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...