Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Chevy Impala

Gramps2u

thats great Im super impressed what was your tecknec for doing the sun bleached efect?

First coat ruddy brown primer , then the color coat which was "50's Aqua" the two tone of flat white and some 1500 wet sanding. then I applied some weathering chalks with light dusting with the air brush of various rust, dust & grime colors.. I never dull coated the finish Dull coat subdues the effect dramatically from my experiences.

I guess all of those years of Being a Narrow Gauge railroader paid off after all. Thank you for the compliments.

The interior of the car didn't get overlooked. I would take some picks of it but being these were taken with my camera phone & it doesn't have macro they wouldn't come out very well . It has worn beaten down seats, The interior panel missing from the drivers door exposing the window,& window track and regulator with a pair of Vise Grips for a window handle. Sun glasses on the dash along with all of the junk left lying around on the floor boards. The jack & four way in the back seat . Guess the flat wasn't worth fixing? The previous owner left one heck of a mess when he ditched this old Chevy. Seems the owner was from Oklahoma according to the licence plate just about to fall off.

Edited by Gramps2u