Model Cars Magazine Forum

Completed: Revell 1970 TransAm

Eric C

• 1 month later...
Wow, She's a beauty! :lol:

I'm not real familiar with the different T/A graphics, but I know I haven't seen too many models built with this particular package.

Nice trick on the decals! Did you mask off the bird, too?

These are rare bird in scale and 1:1 Steve. It took a while for the Trans Am to catch on in terms of sales. T/As only came with these graphics for three model years, 1970, 1971, and 1972. And 1970 was an abbreviated model run due to the car being introduced in March of 1970. That is why it is nice that Revell provides the white stripes for the blue cars as well. Those were the only two colors they came in in their second year of production. If only they provided the very prevalent T/A scripts for the front fenders and rear spoiler. They are very prominent on the full size car. Darn you licensing gods :evil:

Eric's post inspired me to do one as well. Eric yours looks great. Don't sweat the way the parking lights look, I think it's a convincing look and I'm going to do mine in the same way. I will post pics when I finish.

VERY nice build!!! I have the same one and kept it white with the blue decals. I painted the interior black. I plan to redo mine but I need a set of decals for it first. Your build is perfectly done and has the perfect stance.

The one I'm doing is blue w/white stripes, you are welcome to the blue stripes I have if you want them. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll send them to you.

Guest zebm1

very well excuted model, very clean....

this car reminds me of a very crazy guy who had a real Trans am when they lowered tha speed limits to 55. Tha guy carved a wood nose piece and covered his car with radar deadening sheet rubber....to defeat radars, crazy dude. :roll:

zeb

• 4 months later...