Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 vette

brett

Thanks guys, yeah I was thinking only 2 maybe 3 mm nothing more than that for sure,I'll do a glass mockup tomorrow. Sanded paint ,re shaped back wheel arches a little and re primed and installed back bumper with just enough space for the chute between today.

thanks guys ;D,chopped the top bout 3mm, stripped rear bumper (will foil after paint ) as the chrome had huge mold separation lines on the back bumpers. Re-primed, paint (soon I hope)

july011197.jpg

july011196.jpg

Edited by brett

Looking good, Brett! I like seeing Corvette racecars. This looks cool, and it's now really smooth. Can't wait to see some color on it. Keep coming, interesting project, and something completely different.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, health has been real bad for me lately so haven't achieved much at all, however I have been doing bits and pieces where I can and actually got it painted today.Not sure I like it yet ,the camera's really washing out the orange so it looks a little worse in the pics

aug011035.jpg

aug011031.jpg

aug011034.jpg

best shot of color

aug011033.jpg

well apart from the fact it will have a different blower and hat ( eventually) I'm calling this done for now.Got a couple more projects I want to get done this year and this wasn't even supposed to be started, so heres the last shots you'll see till I get around to it again (probably next year) and even then it will just be a couple of updated shots.And some of its own chassis.

aug011079.jpg

aug011086.jpg

aug011085.jpg

aug011084.jpg

aug011082.jpg

• 1 month later...

thanks guys,Had it in primer a couple of times now checking for high and low spots, think I got them all now. Put the rear valance on after these pics and tidied up the hood hole and have final primed (I hope)

july011173.jpg

july011171.jpg

july011170.jpg

Question time, re front end. Do you think solid panels behind the openings ( the surrounds will be made to look chrome-ish)? chop a grille to fit in the grill surround? and bumpers or not?

LUVINN ITT!!!!