Model Cars Magazine Forum

diorama stuff needed

hi...im building a larger beach diorama and im looking for anything that might be of use....coolers...boogie boards etc....i know i have seen the cooler some where but havent been able to find them again.....any help thanks....neal

hi...im building a larger beach diorama and im looking for anything that might be of use....coolers...boogie boards etc....i know i have seen the cooler some where but havent been able to find them again.....any help thanks....neal

For the cooler, check out Scale Equipment Limited and other sites dealing with aftermarket diorama details. I had the link below bookmarked for reference purposes, but the google search below that will turn up a few places to look at.

Cooler Link

Google search for Resin Diorama Accessories

I have also found them on eBay from time to time. Just go to the model section and do a search for Resin. You'll have to dig through all the adds to find what you're looking for though.

As for the Boogie Boards, that's going to be something you're going to have to make for yourself more than likely. Check out my Oasis thread in the Diorama section. There is a short section on building items using plastic signs from WalMart and Lowes. That might help some as an idea for building the boards even though I built games in my thread. With something as basic as a boogie board, it shouldn't be too hard to duplicate.

Hope this helps,

-Scott H.

Edited by Scott H. AKA Cpt. Bondo

i would like to thank every1 who responded to my ques....geo i checked out scale models by chris didnt find anything i needed....scott ditto with Scale Equipment Limited ....and envious...i did order that set from motor head...and some beer cases from flatheads garage....thanks again ever1....neal

I'm not exactly sure what kind of stuff your looking for for the beech, but here's what I did.

Back in high school while taking art classes, "the only class I got A's and B's in", I built a table top car-show scene for one of my plastic models that I had way back then. It was actually one of Fujimi's 89 Honda CRX SI models.

I wanted a trash can with trash in/out of it like what you'd see at a large out door car-show type event. So, I used the little black containers that roll's of film are stored for when you drop the roll's off to be developed. The container was the perfect size and look for a large trash can usually found at such events. Even the lid's looked right and worked well. I took pieces of paper, tinfoil, and other scraps of material and made my own 1/24 scale "trash".

I had the trash can opened and filled with trash and the lid propped on the side of the can. For the scale of the model I was working with, it looked quit good!

It was free, easy, and fun to do.

If you can even find this type of film container, it might be just perfect for your beach scene.

Edited by FujimiLover