Model Cars Magazine Forum

60's Dodge A-100 Van

I started this Jimmy Flintstone resin body conversion of the Lindberg Little Red Wagon kit in 2000. I finally finished it in 2011. The paint is automotive touch-up Sable Brown Metallic (70's Mercury). I used a 3200-12000 grit sanding kit afterwards- I was never told you can't polish metallics- oops. I foiled the emblems before painting, which didn't turn out as nice as I would've liked. The interior is Testors enamel. Its a curbside, so I swapped the little bucket seats for a bench from the Rescue 911 Dodge Van kit. I spent waaayy to long crafting a spare tire mount out of styrene, which is hard to see in the photos, but it looks pretty good. The rear windows are made from mylar squares used in many windshield chip repair kits. The bumpers and grille are sprayed with Testors Dullcote, and as you can see, I have the longest whip antenna kown to man, made from piano wire. Fuel door is from a '67 GTX. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0043_zps67574ba9.jpgIMG_0044_zps2927f468.jpg

IMG_0048_zpsed84953e.jpgIMG_0051_zps205b9ea7.jpgIMG_0049_zps7784a8ff.jpg

Guest G Holding

I agree...Sweet!!

Only issue is the front glass....As all of the JF bodies are way thick...I could not thin the A posts and the center post either, and a visor never was "right" on the "early"dodge vans....I just freakin love it !!

VERY nice!!!!! The color is so sweet and that little thing looks really cool! The whitewalls really stand out and make the model! Nice build!!!

Impcon, your Chevy Wagon profile pic is the business!

Very nice A-Van , Jeff !!

That 70's Mercury colour looks right at home here , like someone had their 60's A-100 repainted in the mid-seventies .

Are those wheels and whitewall tyres from the L.R.W. kit ; and if not , where did you source them from ?

Keep up the great work !

Very nice A-Van , Jeff !!

That 70's Mercury colour looks right at home here , like someone had their 60's A-100 repainted in the mid-seventies .

Are those wheels and whitewall tyres from the L.R.W. kit ; and if not , where did you source them from ?

Keep up the great work !

I may have nabbed the tires from the Prestige release '63 Galaxie. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice model! I had a real van like that.

Didn't look that good though. :(

I had one too, slant 6, 3 on the tree, but it had windows. That rig was the most fun ever, like driving a bus sitting on top of the front wheels. Great model, I've got to get one of these.

• 4 weeks later...