Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 1957 Chevy Kustom w.i.p.(UPDATE NEW PICS 7/11/08)

just_a_doodz

Initial Mock up....HATING the two piece glass!!!Especially since I shaved so much of the trim.Hard to keep it in.Anyway....this is pretty much the final look.I need to install headlights....paint/install frame.I went with the wire wheels cause I liked that look.I had planned SOOOOO much more for this one BUT all the problems I had made me whittle it down a bit.Thanks to all you guys watching and giving me help/support/info.I will post up "underglass" pics next!!!Again...thanks to everyone that has helped me keep going.This is after all my fourth full build in 15 or so years!!!Pics------->

100_1481.jpg

100_1482.jpg

100_1483.jpg

100_1484.jpg

That sit for right now.....Next post will be ....."Underglass"!!!!!!!

I love this thing!

I was lucky years ago to work some small jobs with and around some great old show cars from the 60s and 70s, and some from the great 'Metalflake era'. Some had an 'aging' problem...

Many of these cars were first built in a style just like your '57... Later, if there was a scratch or a finish problem, they'd put on some more paint!

You captured the original look quite well! All that said, I miss CUSTOMS! They're rarely built anymore, and rarely as cool as yours!

BMF the w/s and rear window frames, black out the rear of the grille shell, maybe do a simple scallop to give it a little texture, and you'll have a winner...

Edited by rickr442

I love this thing!

I was lucky years ago to work some small jobs with and around some great old show cars from the 60s and 70s, and some from the great 'Metalflake era'. Some had an 'aging' problem...

Many of these cars were first built in a style just like your '57... Later, if there was a scratch or a finish problem, they'd put on some more paint!

You captured the original look quite well! All that said, I miss CUSTOMS! They're rarely built anymore, and rarely as cool as yours!

BMF the w/s and rear window frames, black out the rear of the grille shell, maybe do a simple scallop to give it a little texture, and you'll have a winner...

Thanks man.....and you arent the first one to mention the bmf....BUT Ive never used that before and Im skeeeered to now...LOL.And blacking out behind the grill wont be done either.....I already glued it on...oooopppss.And Im SOOOOOO suprised someone hasnt mention one MAJOR boo-boo.....I forgot the stinking steering wheel!!!!So Im going to have to put in the steering column in through the windshield THEN mount the steering wheel.....DUUUUUH!!Im hoping to have this thing wrapped up soon.Thanks for looking and good modeling guys!!!Later.