Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #170 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

I've already voted and commented (said model) but I was looking at the picture again and realized something. If it is a model it's got to be HUGE the shadows are immense and match the background exactly. I Think the photo is real and I don't think the photo is messed with all that much if any by Harry.

Final vote: 12 REAL, 38 MODEL.

And you're right... it's a MODEL. But a really BIG model! 1/2 scale.

So I was wrong, again. :lol: But if it is 1/2 scale, it's almost like real :lol: .... Maybe next time...

What's even more amazing is that he builds these models mostly out of mahogany!

Wow! I could use this thing to "play" on my property, I've got some land to level, & this would be just the ticket, not only that but my grandson would just love it! He has so much fun with the riding lawn mower when we mow the fields, this would put him over the top (he's 3 1/2) :lol:

A machinist friend of mine makes restoration parts for WW2 Clark "airborne" bulldozers. He has one himself, along with the scraper. Here's a scratchbuilt 1/10 scale model he built of them. http://www.syltech.net/miniatures.htm

When I last talked to him, he was planning an operable 1/2 scale Sherman tank, using many of the bulldozer components. He plans an aluminum upper hull, and a propane ignited gun barrel to simulate firing. Knowing him, he has it started already.

• 1 month later...