Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest completion "project Xile" chopper

Mr. Metallic

The moons aligned and everything just hapened to fall into place to finish all of these projects at once 4 in 3 days time.. I'm usually good for 5 or 6 completions per year, so this is a freak occurence. I guess mentality change to having all these irons in the fire at once is finally paying off!

Here is my Revell Aces Wild based chopper, called Xile since it was inspired by the builds of Russel Mitchell at Exile Cycles. I really like the no-nonsense, hot rod mentality of Russ, and love his bikes.

000_0083-vi.jpg

First up, I modified the seat to be the external sprung type. I flipped over the drive belt so I could make it into an open design, then just added a scratchbuilt cover and some photoetch bits to detail it.

000_0084-vi.jpg

I eliminated the rear disc brake and instead the drive disc now has a caliper attached to it. I also added a suicide shifter with brake line lock (for easy hill takeoffs). I also scratchbuilt a new battery box and used a 1/25 tank for an oil tank under the seat.

000_0085-vi.jpg

Shortened and narrowed the handlebars, shortened the forks, and used two kit rear pipes with extended tips to make a matching exhaust.

000_0082-vi.jpg

It may seem low-key without the bright colors and fancy "tins", but I had a blast building it and will be building many more. Thanks for looking.

http://public.fotki.com/crstan/finished_mo...e/xile-chopper/