Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '76 Gremlin X 2n1 coming from Round 2

SteveG

Just got the email.

I gotta get one of these and shorten up the AMT Nova PS chassis and throw it under it :D

Me too (em that is)

AMT1976Gremlin.jpg

From Round2 Em.

Check out this photo of the FULLY BACKDATED Gremlin body. As you can see, we've filled in the t-top roof and restored the side window posts to return the body back to its original configuration. Rest assured that you will be able to build the kit "stock," with the 1976 front fascia, bumper and grille. What's more, we've restored all the original "pro stock" style drag parts so you can build it as a potent quarter mile racer! The drag parts include a pro stock style hood, high-rise intake manifold, roll bar, "jacked up" rear suspension and more! If that weren't enough, just wait until you see the brand new Supa-Soft� thermoplastic rubber slicks we've retooled for this kit, complete with pad-printed lettering. They are the COOLEST!

Levi's denim upholstery.... KC and the Sunshine Band.... The Captain and Tenille..... Dy-No-MITE..... 79 cents a gallon for gas.....

yup; i'll need at least two of these to go with my Matadors and my Mustang II Rallye T-Top car.

John, while you're searching through those vaults, dig up an Econoline mold, why dontcha.... well; NOT the Matilda version.

If anybody hasn't gotten the News letter from Round 2

I wounder if they were reading the last Gremlin post here.

VOLUME 3: ISSUE 9

gremlin-header.jpg

Hello Modelers! The Kats at AMT caught wind of something that needs to be set straight. Apparently, many of you out there believe the upcoming release of the 1/25 scale Gremlin kit will be a straight reissue of the "Custom GT" issue from 1977; the one that could only be built as a t-top custom with a heavily altered front fascia. Well, we're happy to tell you that nothing could be further from the truth!

AMT1976Gremlin.jpg

Check out this photo of the FULLY BACKDATED Gremlin body. As you can see, we've filled in the t-top roof and restored the side window posts to return the body back to its original configuration. Rest assured that you will be able to build the kit "stock," with the 1976 front fascia, bumper and grille. What's more, we've restored all the original "pro stock" style drag parts so you can build it as a potent quarter mile racer! The drag parts include a pro stock style hood, high-rise intake manifold, roll bar, "jacked up" rear suspension and more! If that weren't enough, just wait until you see the brand new Supa-Soft� thermoplastic rubber slicks we've retooled for this kit, complete with pad-printed lettering. They are the COOLEST!

Wait, there's MORE! The '76 Gremlin will be the very first release in AMT's new Original Art� Series. This special program puts a spotlight on the wonderful commercial artwork created for model kit packaging, spanning from the 1960s to present day. Each Original Art Series kit includes an exclusive 11" x 14" print featuring a high-resolution, direct reproduction of the priceless actual illustration from AMT's historical archives that was used to create the original packaging! These quality prints will have no added copy or graphics on the face side, making them suitable for framing - they are THAT nice! This new series is just another example of how the "New AMT" is working to increase the excitement and enjoyment in your modeling hobby.

We'll have a sneak peek of the packaging and exclusive print for the AMT Original Art Series 1977 AMC Gremlin at the iHobby Expo in October. The show runs from October 20th through the 23rd at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois. Come out and see what's new!

Cheers.

Levi's denim upholstery.... KC and the Sunshine Band.... The Captain and Tenille..... Dy-No-MITE..... 79 cents a gallon for gas.....

yup; i'll need at least two of these to go with my Matadors and my Mustang II Rallye T-Top car.

John, while you're searching through those vaults, dig up an Econoline mold, why dontcha.... well; NOT the Matilda version.

Of all of those, I miss the 79 cent/gallon gas the most....

How I wish for 1998-early '99, when it was running about 85 cents/gallon.

Charlie Larkin

I wonder if the AMC V8 in this kit is decent? B)

This kit has one of THE best AMC V-8's ever put in a model kit, The only issue is the metal axle hole in the oil pan, Other then that it will work for most of the AMC V-8's from the 304- up to the 401. Basically the same blocks, Just different Bores . Plus it has the Automatic Transmission . from 67-73 paint it AMC Metallic Blue, 1974 on AMC solid blue, The close match to that color is Chrysler Engine Blue, I had a can of it mixed up in Laquer awhile back. And if you compare the two colors , You can barely tell the difference. I can't wait for this one. Now if I can find one of the "Fresh Cherrys" Diecasts to use the stock wheel covers off of, Instead of the factory mags that come in the kit.

Yea, they wern't exactly cheep. Last one I seen unbuilt/in box was at NNL East a couple years ago. AT $100 , I passed.

I can't remember what I paid for it - it's been a few years - but I know it wasn't more than about $20. I suppose I may have missed my chance to cash in, but like I said, I've always planned on building it.

My wife had a Gremlin when we first met, so I've always had an affection for them.

I wonder how much room a diorama would take up to do a 1979 Gasoline shortage say depicting Houston at maybe a Tenneco , Billups or say a Shell station converted to a Convenience store might take up ????????? Gosh, think of the possibilities for a Club Build at a regional show .............. Ed Shaver

The AMC saga contiunes,,,there is a rebel and machine coming in resin soon toooooooooo !!!

Really? Who is going to be making it, And what years? I know the Machine is a 70, But is someone making the 67-69 Body style? I own the 69, And 2 of the 70 Machines. What they really need to make is the 1971 Matador "Machine" They made around 50 of them in 71. They looked exactly like a stock 71 Matador 2 door hardtop, But the had the "Machine" decals on them, Just the name, Not the stripes. That would be a cool one for anyone to do, As it was such a rare car. This kit i'll buy for sure. I had all 3 years of them at one time, The 74-76. Also this is the last year for both this front end style,And Taillights, The 77 on up looked like the Concord in the front.