Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Thx. for the compliments guys, For my first time doing a chassis i'm very happy the way it is turning out.

Bart, going to get the transmount and inner rails done then do the drivers area and foot pedal mounts, When i do the upper part of the cage i might pin it so it's removable to make it easier for final assembly.

Thx. for the compliments guys, For my first time doing a chassis i'm very happy the way it is turning out.

Bart, going to get the transmount and inner rails done then do the drivers area and foot pedal mounts, When i do the upper part of the cage i might pin it so it's removable to make it easier for final assembly.

:)I had a quiet chuckle to myself reading that Joe. :D

I am going through my assembly of the chassis in the same manner as you, getting the top frame rails and associated supports done first, then on to the main top bars.

Looks great so far mate. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Thx. Guys, Well received my turbos from TDR. There suppose to be 1/16th 4-1/2" turbos, here's a picture of them next to the 1/16th block. They are umm a little to big, Not sure if shapeways messed up the order or what, I sent TDR and email will see what happens. I will say the detail is amazing on these parts, Bummer is another long wait to get more. haven't had much time to work on it, Hope to have an update for you guys soon.

399243752.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny little update, Been doing lots of yard work with all the leaves falling plus doing some side work on 1:1's. Finally had a chance to work on it a little today, did some mods to the Bell housing and made the Trans mounts. Cut down some aluminum tube in half to make the chassis part of the mounts, also fitted the TDR u-joint and made some Air-pods, still needs lots of detailing. Going to build the reverse lever tomorrow after work and hopefully get the center of the chassis knocked out.

399498344.jpg

Super nice work Joe. Your name seems really familiar to me. Were you on RCCrawler.com maybe?

Thx. Jeff, Yeah rccrawler and GSRCRC.com, i remember you Had the bruisers small world, I was mxmhero on gsrcrc and hitman on rccrawler.

Joe... Nice work man. It is looking great. I can't wait to see the next update. Tranny is looking Killer!! Keep up the great work.

Thx. Chris

Thx. Jeff, Yeah rccrawler and GSRCRC.com, i remember you Had the bruisers small world, I was mxmhero on gsrcrc and hitman on rccrawler.

Thx. Chris

I thought that was you. Do you have any crawlers anymore? I sold the bruisers for race car parts. I was thinking about getting another one but I really need to try and just focus on one or two hobbies instead of 10.

I thought that was you. Do you have any crawlers anymore? I sold the bruisers for race car parts. I was thinking about getting another one but I really need to try and just focus on one or two hobbies instead of 10.

That is funny to see fellow RCCrawler members on here as well. I use to frequent the site and poured all kinds of money into Bruisers. Restored one back to brand new and built a 1.9 that you see in the pic, and sold it off to another member on the site. I continue to kick myself for selling the restored one. When my son was only 18 months, he would see it and say Guk..... it was his first word... needless to say his mother was really upset!

Edited by eviltwincustoms

That is funny to see fellow RCCrawler members on here as well. I use to frequent the site and poured all kinds of money into Bruisers. Restored one back to brand new and built a 1.9 that you see in the pic, and sold it off to another member on the site. I continue to kick myself for selling the restored one. When my son was only 18 months, he would see it and say Guk..... it was his first word... needless to say his mother was really upset!

I saw the bruiser in your avatar pic. I miss my bruisers! I'm sure I'll build another one someday.

Did a little work today, Made my reverse shifter and mount. Used RB motion rod-ends and bolts, still have detailing to do once it's all painted. I tell ya i have no idea how you guys that do the amazing detail with the little bolts on 1/25th, it's hard for me with the 1/16th stuff and a challenge but i'm enjoying it. Will have some updated chassis pictures tommarrow.

399615984.jpg

Hey Joe looking,darn good! I have to agree these bolts are small enough. The smaller cars I dont see how they do it.

Thx. Bart, now that I have the rest of the center part of the chassis done I may have to relocate the shifter up top. I will post some pictures tmmarrow night and see what you guys think.