Model Cars Magazine Forum

PERRO VERDE : 37 FORD PICKUP

this project has been sittin for a while, so i thought i would at least get the frame done..and now i have somewhere to put that ardun flattie i just built that wouldnt fit in "bad banana" heres a couple shots of what i did to lower it..

i cut the center of the crossmember out where the leaf springs mounted, it wont be super low, but its way better than stock height!

37f001.jpg

heres the rear suspension...

37f002.jpg

and my tire choice...rmm firestones w/wide whites.. this one will be ratty!

37f003.jpg

more to come, thanks for lookin!

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

ok, the frame is assembled, im trying the Dr. cranky method this time, he always assembles the frames and then shoots them. this one is gonna go get shot with "brown boots", and red oxide primer......ill let that dry, and lightly mist it with some water, then hit it with flat black. let it dry a bit and then i hit it with a toothbrush....its a great technique that usually yields great results....

3722001.jpg

stay tuned, headed to the paintbooth now....

thanks for lookin!

bryan

im movin kinda slow this morning, but i managed to add some finned drums! unfortunately i had to file off all the nice wheel stud and grease cap detail that Danny I carved in....sorry dan.

drum003.jpg

drum002.jpg

more to come!

bryan

Edited by bryan_m