Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Charger

Shelby 427 1965

After a short hiatus of waiting until I was inspired to work again (I mess things up if I'm not in the mood, so I try not to force myself to work.. I also got a new TV so gaming has been my priority!), I finally got in the mood to work on this. So I stuck on this beautiful piece of work...

8603148235_1f289279b7_b.jpg
And got painting! Only a short update, but I'm waiting till I feel brave enough to go at wiring my 426 Hemi.
8603148987_4b29c76145_b.jpg

8603148801_fb70cd8dc0_b.jpg
8604248826_827022398e_b.jpg

I also picked the wheels I'll be using.. Just need to paint those backs black :)

8603148445_24b19e381b_b.jpg
More updates to come, I'm off school for Easter now, plenty of me-time!
Cheers!

Excellent choice in tunes for working on your Charger ! Personally , I like 1975's Sabotage as background music for working on cars :D :D .

I also recognise that you're a fan of Pink Floyd ; so it begs the question : do you also like their 1965-1972 works ? Syd Barrett is the tops !

Sabotage is a great album, I love drumming to Symptom of the Universe! I'm a big Sabbath head, Vol.4 is my favourite but Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a close second.. There's too much filler on Master of Reality for me and don't even get me started on Dio, I don't consider that sabbath B) Eh.. Syd's time was a bit... Well it was a biiiit mental for my liking. I tend to like from Dark Side to the Wall and in between, but I never cared much for animals really.. It's good and all but it's just not my favourite. I'm pretty fond of A Momentary Lapse of Reason, too. Cheers!

Looking awesome Tomo. I hate that I always seem to find these great builds when they're almost done. The body colour is a perfect match for what you wanted and the interior looks brilliant. The interior is my favourite part too.

Can I ask what method you - and others - use to colour the raised lettering on the rear of the car? Do you use a wash, or decals or something else? I have tried all sorts of things and can never get it right. I have a Camaro with "Chevrolet" on the engine and I want to colour it, but afraid of screwing it up.

Thanks Troy, that really means a lot! :)

For raised lettering I used a toothpick, and sharpened the end of it with a blade to a very fine point, and dipped the very end point of it with Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver paint and went over the lettering that was raised.

Cheers!

Cheers Tomo,

I've tried that in the past with quite bad results. I'm guessing my tip wasn't sharp enough.