Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trucks - laid out, slammed etc.

rather than a topic for each, I figured I'd do one for the trucks and one for the cars.

this is the first of the 3 toyotas i've done, still not completed, each in various stages.

#1 Citrus Green

It was flat white with a tangelo orange chassis and dash. I then decided to repaint it.

PICT0577.jpg

"waiting for more work". Beds just sitting on the frame, hence the awkward angle. With the tail end shaved, along with the front bumper smoothed out.

*Wanting to get the wheels from the '80 phantom billet kit along with that phantom grill, or just that kit! (the blue box art!)

Dash painted the same color, billet steering wheel as well.

IMG_1703.jpg

Laid out

PICT0590.jpg

PICT0596.jpg

#2 Army green, will be getting a set of scale steelies

PICT3633.jpg

#3 Sandstorm. Will be a beige / sandstorm color (shiny) when said and done. This one has the rear frame from the kit cut and brought in to allow the larger wheels to fit. This is an "in process" picture.

PICT3632.jpg

The S10 I picked up. this is doored, literally. Still going to attempt to get a motor in it, Might go for something oddball.

IMG_1710.jpg

OBS RCSB laid out on Mr Model wheels w/aftermarket resin hood.

IMG_1681.jpg

OBS ECLP #1. slammed on TT2's. This and #2 are both promos

IMG_1592.jpg

OBS ECLB #2. Bodied and was messing with the Mr. Model wheels I have to make a larger rear lip out back. meh.

PICT3639.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! Drag the hell out of them rockers! I love your style, I can't wait to see more photos of all of them. I used to own a bagged and shaved 85 blazer and a 92 Chevy pickup bagged, smoothed, and flamed to the back of the bed. The pickup was the exact same style as the the 2 your building, ext cab extra long bed. I would really like to build a replica one day, could you point me in the right direction on what kit you used? welcome to the site, really looking forward to seeing progress on all your builds. If you have time you should make a build page for each, itd be cool to see all the work you've done to each. Keep it comin