Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #93 FINISHED!

Harry P.

Boy Harry,

I think you got me on this one. That is a face I can't forget, but can't remember what it is. I've even got the country of origin but that is not helping. Good choice.

Boy was I way off!! I wasn't even on the right continent. That front end made me think of an older Mazda and the mirrors looked very Japanese. Good one Harry!

I had the English Ford part, but I didn't have the Corsair part. BTW, Not to nit-pick, but my research shows it to be a '69 Ford CONSUL Corsair 2000E.

I think the Consul part was dropped when the V4 and 2000E designation came about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Corsair

EDIT: It appears that's the deal. The website www.fordconsulcorsair.co.uk/ states the following:

Welcome to my Ford Consul Corsair website!

This is a website dedicated to the inline, 1498cc models known as the 'Consul Corsair' which were produced from the summer of 1963 until October 1965. It does not cover the V4 models which were introduced from October 1965 and badged simply as the "Ford Corsair."

Edited by sjordan2

• 3 weeks later...