Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg Parts Replacement

I must honestly say and give a standing ovation for Lindberg's customer service. About a month or so ago I bought a Lindberg Texas

DPS Dodge Charger kit. Well 3 weeks ago my little four legged cat furry helper decided to take a short cut across the box and what did

I find inside the plastic sealed bag? A cracked windshield !!!!!!!!

I'm sure you guys are very well known about these Charger kits and know that the windshields are extremely fragile and thin. Well 2 weeks ago I made a phone call to Lindberg and informed them about my problem and when I bought the kit. I told them I did not have a reciept from Hobbytown where I bought the kit and would not be able to exchange this kit since this was the only Texas DPS Charger that was on the shelve.

The man I talked to was very nice and said no problem as he just asked me the kit number (why and for whatever reasons I don't know) but I gave him the kit number and WHOLA !!!!! within a 1 week period I recieved a brown bubble filled envelope with my new windshield

which is still in the bubbled envelope by the way. Hahaha

I will always give Lindberg my respect for caring about making a customer very happy and I will never feel bad about picking up the phone and asking for replacement parts with no questions or money involved.

KUDOS TO YOU LINDBERG !!!!!!!!!!!, as you will always have me for a fellow modeler... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MyBradKeselowski

Its always good to hear about great customer service. What is even better is to hear that Lindberg is still a functioning company. They haven't made any new kit announcements in a long time, not even any news of reissues.

Oh, and GO Brad !!!!..........even if he is in a Ford now.

May have to give that a try! Bought some kits on closeout at a discount store some kits the celophane plastic was opened and I'm missing some parts worth a try be honest with them about the purchase where from and not having receipts any longer.....

Don't never hurt to try Daniel, if they are Lindberg kit's they may replace what parts you need.