Model Cars Magazine Forum

1st WIP - Topkick: Update 05/28/13 She's Complete

Thanks for the support everyone. I will continue the wip for the speed boat here, but right now it's taken a back seat to a WWII Mosquito build for our club's show next weekend, a 56 Chevy build for Goodguys in August and my other wip a 71 Daytona. I promise not to let it die and will post updates as soon as there available.

Edited by dougp

hey give some updates on that 71 daytona if its mopar. i want to make a 1/25 71 dayclona and 71 suprbird. i know id need the amt kits.

Jake, here is the link to the wip. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65287&hl= Finally got the body painted, just waiting for it to set up before doing the bmf and other detailing. I'll post an update soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doug, did you ever finish the boat? Would love to see it. The automotive windshield and instrument panel is very cool. And the tow vehicle is pretty snazzy as well. Great work!

Regards, Steve Perry/Calnaga Castings.

No, the boat got shelved for medical reasons. I've just started building again and hope to get the boat going again soon. Also, keep up the good work, your products are fantastic. I just finished up a 67 GTX using your dual plug valve covers and a SMBC dual distributor. I'll be posting soon in under glass.