Model Cars Magazine Forum

A slot racer from Sweden!

Modellpularn

Hi! I'm glad I found this place, since you guys are into slot racing. I fooled around with it in the sixties, never had a competetive car, or the money. I mean, like every week there was a new hot Mura motor, and I didn't have the cash, I was 14 - 15 years old.

Around 2000 I got a call from my friend whom I'd been slot dragging with. He told me of this new club that was just formed. Oh cool, so I had to join. And it was a Parma Flexi car to start with, then I got a Champion chassis and hotter motors, etc, etc...A guy in the club suggested we should try NASCAR with styrene bodies...Yeah! Now you're talking 8)

So I ditched the flexi junk, and started building plastic NASCAR racers. Mostly Rusty Wallace cars, but also a Tide Monte Carlo. We have gone to race in Germany for midsummer - June 20th. In 2004, my second trip to Germany, I managed to get everything right, and finished in - second place!! I could not believe it at first, but it was true. Everybody was surprised! I'll post some pics soon.

Here's my latest. Unfortunately I didn't do too well in Germany last year.

IMG_0649.jpg

Well, the car had no problems turning left and right, I lost power! I had an older, but well running chassis at first, but while in Germany I decided to try this other newer chassis with brand new brass bearings. The chassis are identical. The bearings were not broken in, so I guess they almost seized up on me. I'll switch back to the old chassis... :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zebm1

Back in tha 60s, we raced a class, what Nascar used to call Modified Sportsman, now Busch Nascar. We used styrene bodies in that class. Hey Hans, do yu thin yur bodies any....we did, in tha places where tha Corner-workers didn't usually grab tha cars. :wink:

Nice slot-car ya got there. :)

:twisted: Zeb

Hey Zeb, thanks! That Dodge body is soo thick, we have to thin it. I had plastic shavings/dust all over the place after going at it with the grinder. If you click on my photobucket link, and then go to Rusty Wallace Dodge, you'll see what I did to the body, and not to mention the driver.... :roll: