Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

*** Wow *** They sell "Model Kits" in your local Super Market.... Across the pond there in "Finland"...That is Super Cool....Wish i could say the same for here..

Going to store to get a Steak and a Model Kit.....Like That..:)

Cheers...Don.

*** Wow *** They sell "Model Kits" in your local Super Market.... Across the pond there in "Finland"...That is Super Cool....Wish i could say the same for here..

Going to store to get a Steak and a Model Kit.....Like That.. :)

Cheers...Don.

When I was a kid in New Jersey, model kits were displayed across the top of the low freezer boxes at the local Acme supermarket. Of course I always tried to take one home with me!

When I was a kid in New Jersey, model kits were displayed across the top of the low freezer boxes at the local Acme supermarket. Of course I always tried to take one home with me!

I grew up in Missouri, and by the early sixties, model car kits were everywhere, literally. Corner stores, drug stores, supermarkets, Woolworth's, Penney's, Sears, toy stores, etc. It was impossible to avoid them. :lol:

I grew up in Missouri, and by the early sixties, model car kits were everywhere, literally. Corner stores, drug stores, supermarkets, Woolworth's, Penney's, Sears, toy stores, etc. It was impossible to avoid them. :lol:

Small town, Central Kansas. The Ben Franklin "dime store" and International Harvester dealer were two model car kit sources, but the primo place in town was the Rexall Drug Store.

Small town, Central Kansas. The Ben Franklin "dime store" and International Harvester dealer were two model car kit sources, but the primo place in town was the Rexall Drug Store.

I forgot about the Ben Franklin store. Those were all over the place in the St. Louis area as well.

Last Saturday I was in the Hobby Lobby in Ocala, FL for our monthly FAST meeting and was able to pick up the Rat Roaster with a 40% off coupon and the Phantom van for $9 on clearance. I might go back for another van.

That's crazy, the Hobby Lobby here got the Phantom van just before Christmas. The clearance here takes almost a year for a kit to hit the clearance shelves. I'd pick up another one just to have a spare for nine bucks.

You guys are lucky!! Ours stays empty.

Hey I almost forgot, you moved in my Neck of the woods. Which Hobby Lobby are you talking about? The one in Murfreesboro hasn't had a kit on clearance in almost two years and never gets a restock. The model isle is pretty barren.

Well, it was a fair bit more than I was hoping to pay, but it's mine. My parents gave me some money for my birthday, and where I have a thing for full-size Buicks...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AMT-1964-Buick-Wildcat-Hardtop-Customizing-model-kit-Junkyard-Display-/221263111941?ViewItem=&item=221263111941&nma=true&si=RryZz7eP7sE0S5E68sKgCtfLUaE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Charlie Larkin

I forgot about the Ben Franklin store. Those were all over the place in the St. Louis area as well.

Ben Franklin at River Roads Mall in Jennings. It had a dedicated Hobby Corner. I'm trying to remember which store at Northland Shopping Center had the big hobby area. I want to say JC Penney in that humungous toy department with the monorail, remember that?

*edit*

I now remember that was JC Penney at River Roads as well. The Ben Franklin at Northland was the bomb also.

G

Edited by Agent G

Got lucky today, went to Hobby Town USA and found some high def carbon fiber from Scale Motorsport for 10.99 then headed to Hobby Lobby for some paint and found that they had reset the model section and had a bunch of new kits and a ton of clearance kits. Ended up getting another 1970 Roadrunner for 10.xx! lol

Got all this for 28.00

9482040266_c7e603865f_c.jpg
Untitled by jrherald420, on Flickr
Edited by jrherald420

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...