Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hamann SLR

Hey fellow Builders

I am fairly new to this fourm, Havent posted any thing i some how like to interact on a "face to face"

base. But am in the dark now so i need to step into the light.

I received my Transkit, from Hobby easy. I started working through the Tamiya 722 SLR kit undestanding the resin part and how they work out. with some logic i removed the front lip on the Tamiya body and placed the resin lip to match. Only to notice the resin lip is A bit big i soaked it in hot water for a few mins to softn the resin to reshape to the bend of the lip. its not 100% match.

I dont want to go futher until i get some Knowledege on this Transkit,

W.I.P on this build is hard to come by with out ref pics and tips am about to throw it out the window.

I know pics are worth a 1000 words ill post some soon, :mellow:

You will really need to post those photos Amith before anyone can assist with solutions to your problem.

I answered your thread on the same subject on another forum and have been waiting for you to post photos.

I know you have the hobby Design trans kit. This companies resin trans kits have challenged myself and many others with their fit and warping issues.

They can be built, its really just a matter of patiently analyzing the best approach to correcting the issues.

This is my Hobby Design Hamann Fiat trans kit. I ended up having to straighten the side skirt then cut it in half and add a couple of mm of spacing to get everything in to shape.

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Sorry for the delay, here are all the pics, as requested, Please not i havent super glued any thing into

Place this is just for the pic as refernace, The resin parts are stuck with a Little gule.

as you can see the resin lip and the bumper does not fit perfectly or line up correctly. As you can see the bumper fron the kit is cracked already, thats me, a lil putty and glue will fix that

post-10876-0-20161200-1355237340_thumb.j

post-10876-0-87675500-1355237350_thumb.j

post-10876-0-94349700-1355237359_thumb.j

post-10876-0-82200700-1355237373_thumb.j

post-10876-0-47943600-1355237388_thumb.j

post-10876-0-43838500-1355237400_thumb.j